Group A Girl's Soccer State Championship

starcityfootballfan

FINAL SCORE: George Mason 4, Graham 0

Fifth straight state title for George Mason!

A little disappointed right now ... but very proud of the Graham G-Girls on a great season.

A wonderful run for Graham. The last time Graham won a state team title in any sport, that team didn't exist. To see the strides it's made is just phenomenal.

Actually, yesterday's semi-final was the first soccer game I have ever witnessed. Quite impressed with these ladies, as I have followed them all season via the BDT online and the Roanoke Times. Just to see the old Graham faithful in the stands and "yelling like there was no tomorrow," reminded me of the good ol' times that we all enjoyed during football of past seasons. I was one that wanted the drop to Group A many years ago in order that ALL Graham sports teams would be more competitive. We finally got into the right classification and right district with the golf team, cheerleaders, and girl's soccer team all placing at the State level. Now, I am just looking forward to the upcoming football season with all the necessary changes needed now in place. How 'bout them G-Men and G-Girls?