Bluefield's Brad Baker

JGray

I figured some of you Bluefield guys wold appreciate this. Maybe they can start a series instead of playing the private schools down here.

• At North Mecklenburg, Brad Baker replaces retiring Mike Bradley. It’s the first head coaching job for Baker, who has been an assistant coach for 12 seasons. He wants to build a huge family atmosphere.

Baker once played fullback at Division II Concord (W.Va.).

“I want to know what’s going on in (the players’) lives,†he said. “I want to know that their grandma is sick or that they’re doing well in algebra. Obviously, wins are important. They have a scoreboard in the stadium for a reason – but telling these kids that you truly care about them is just as important.â€

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/29/3415566/5-new-mecklenburg-coaches-build.html#storylink=cpy

My brother lives in Cornelius which, at the moment, filters into North Mech High. They are building a new high school in the Davidson University/Cornelius area so his kids will go there when old enough.

He will have plenty of kids to pull from with an enrollment approaching 2,000. The school is kind of infamous though after being featured on 60 minutes a couple of years ago for having one of the most unsanitary cafeterias in the United States.