Pulaski vs Radford

carolinahokie64

I was getting worried about the Bobcats after hearing in the first scrimmage they looked somewhat lackluster. Combine that with Pulaski having a very good scrimmage against Gate City, the outlook was looking grim for Radford.

But after watching the scrimmages against William Campbell and Gretna maybe the cats are better than advertised. Radford beat William Campbell by a touchdown in a half and beat defending Group A, Division 2 state champion Gretna 14-3 in two quarters of action.

I think the battle of the bridge will be another close contest, with Radford again proving that they can compete (ahead 2 -1 in the series since they started playing again) and then some with Pulaski, despite having less than one third the enrollment of Pulaski County.

When this game started being played again after 30 years, most of the High School football fans in the New River Valley said it would be a blow out by Pulaski Coumty every year. Radford has proven them wrong. Alot of people are saying the same thing this year, despite Radford winning the last two contests.

I was getting worried about the Bobcats after hearing in the first scrimmage they looked somewhat lackluster. Combine that with Pulaski having a very good scrimmage against Gate City, the outlook was looking grim for Radford.

But after watching the scrimmages against William Campbell and Gretna maybe the cats are better than advertised. Radford beat William Campbell by a touchdown in a half and beat defending Group A, Division 2 state champion Gretna 14-3 in two quarters of action.

I think the battle of the bridge will be another close contest, with Radford again proving that they can compete (ahead 2 -1 in the series since they started playing again) and then some with Pulaski, despite having less than one third the enrollment of Pulaski County.

When this game started being played again after 30 years, most of the High School football fans in the New River Valley said it would be a blow out by Pulaski Coumty every year. Radford has proven them wrong. Alot of people are saying the same thing this year, despite Radford winning the last two contests.

Some people from pulaski say that they will destroy every team they ever face, every year......... They have what I like to call "Dan Callahan" syndrome.

I do believe, however this year, that they are for real and I expect them to beat Radford, but that doesn't mean that Radford will have a bad season, after all...they are playing a school that is nearly 4 times their size.