Tigers / Greenwave

redtiger

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48-12 Clintwood in the third. The newest mouth of Dickenson CO. finally scored on the 4th team of Clintwood.

that mouth laid down and quit.

great talent but he has to learn what it means to play ball at Haysi. Keep your mouth shut and never quit, never

Attended the game tonight. Always enjoy being at home in Ralph's House. Don't know if Clintwood was trying to make a statement because of the kid running his mouth or what but I feel like the timeouts at the end of the first half were unnecessary, as well as attempting a 2 point conversion while already being ahead big time. Was proud of the win but felt a little let down by those choices as a fan. Clintwood is a better team than that IMO. On a side note, the refs at this game were worse than the replacement refs that the NFL is currently using. Bad calls all night, both ways.

I think it has more to do with a certain someone who now plays for Haysi who didn't last year running his mouth all week to the kids at the vocational school. Lets see if his ass can cash the check his mouth has been writing.

must have been kin folk talkin trash after the game was over, it was disgusting.............i have never heard a haysi fan talk like that.............i'll leave it at that.......:mad:

Alot of mouth running from 2 players who need to learn to shut up and play ball. Not gonna post names or numbers but they need to get it together. Lets hope they learned something tonight. from what I understand it was the same way last week and I know alot of Haysi fans were dissappointed.

youre right 2001wave, the refs were terrible. The delay of game on 4th and 1 for Haysi, bullshit(and the back ref didnt count down with his arm). The following delay of game on 4th and 6, bullshit again! No way that was too much time. The refs at one point spotted the ball, started the play clock then accepted a fresh ball from the sideline but continued to run the playclock.

After the delay of game on 4th and 1(Haysi was goin for it) my Tigers fell apart; dumb penalties, silly mistakes and half hearted effort.

I really think that as far as ability Clintwood is 3 TDs better than Haysi, but in terms of all the other things that go into football Clintwood is way ahead. Clintwood is a good team and Coach Mullins has made some adjustments to their offense this season that really take advantage of what they have. Good team with a chance to be special. Definately the best D1 in SWVA

must have been kin folk talkin trash after the game was over, it was disgusting.............i have never heard a haysi fan talk like that.............i'll leave it at that.......:mad:

This ole boy sporting a red mohawk. I think I may have runned into him at our little league game at Haysi this week.

I think it has more to do with a certain someone who now plays for Haysi who didn't last year running his mouth all week to the kids at the vocational school. Lets see if his ass can cash the check his mouth has been writing.

Was this guy sporting a red mohawk? I talked to a guy at our little league game this week with Haysi who was very cocky.

Don't know if Clintwood was trying to make a statement because of the kid running his mouth or what but I feel like the timeouts at the end of the first half were unnecessary, as well as attempting a 2 point conversion while already being ahead big time.

no matter what the score is at halftime, Rick will almost always play his starters at least halfway through the third quarter (as he should). and the only reason he went for two at the end of the half was to make up for missing an extra point earlier (he's fairly obsessive about the kicking game). the only people trying to make a statement tonight were the players, as i mentioned in an earlier post, they were all well aware of all the pre-game trash talk, and were very focused on physically shutting up the "talker of the trash". as a result, that particular player quit early in the 2nd quarter. Cumberland District experience doesn't translate well when playing LPD teams. he's physically impressive for his height...but so is Kim Kardashian...there seems to be something missing in the psychological resilience department. he is just a youngin', though.

i found it more interesting that Colley kept his starters in the whole game, even against Clintwood's 3rd and 4th stringers. i figure that was purely an ego thing...a chance to make the final score a bit more respectable. i find it funny they still only scored one TD ("trash talker" from about 20 or so yards out). Haysi has the tendency to play well on emotion early, then fold when the real sh!t starts happening. starters against starters...for 4 quarters, no matter the score...when heart and mental toughness counts...the Wave wins 70-6.

Coach Mullins was gentle tonight...against the wants of his players. Classy as usual. Maybe that'll rub off when consolidation happens.

Edited by Moe Jontana

the only reason he went for two at the end of the half was to make up for missing an extra point earlier (he's fairly obsessive about the kicking game).

I totally get what you are saying about the missed kick, but my point is, if he was so obsessed with missing that extra point, why not go for 2 after the second touchdown? Makes more sense to me at that point in the game. 14-6 is more understandable than 37-6 (which is what the score would have been had the conversion been successful). When you are up 29 points, that extra one point isn't nearly as significant.

Edited by 2001Wave
Typo

I totally get what you are saying about the missed kick, but my point is, if he was so obsessed with missing that extra point, why not go for 2 after the second touchdown? Makes more sense to me at that point in the game. 14-6 is more understandable than 37-6 (which is what the score would have been had the conversion been successful). When you are up 29 points, that extra one point isn't nearly as significant.

Was at the game ...I saw nothing wrong with the going for two points ...it gives you an opportunity to work on your two point conversion plays to use them in another tighter game ...down the road such as Union , Grayson Co . or Burton ..

Im not from real framiliar with Clintwood but im pretty sure they dont have a 3rd or 4th string(atleast not in the way you are presenting it), after about 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter Clintwood put their 2nd string in.

As far as why did Haysi leave their starters in against CWs 2nd string? Thats pretty much an ignorant question. I dont blame Mullins for leaving his starters in as long as he did, they have got to get some playing time. Same reason Haysi left theirs in the whole game. Me personally I dont know if I would ever completly pull my Defense. You push the score up over a 40 point spread then start subing.

And CW goin for 2 late, the formation they were trying to do it out of wasnt some special goalline offense, nor was it their regular formation. I thought it as uncalled for and I expected better out of Mullins.

The positive thing for Haysi is that was the best team they will face all season. There are a couple of teams ahead that will give Haysi some problems and may beat them but as long as this team keeps its head(big IF right now) they should imo be 8-1 headed into the Honaker game and potientally pull a high playoff seed.

Edited by redtiger

that mouth laid down and quit.

great talent but he has to learn what it means to play ball at Haysi. Keep your mouth shut and never quit, never

He's just a kid...and a tough one at that. Pretty much a reach to say he alone quit when it looked to me like the entire team mailed it in when the goin got a little tough. The Haysi team in the first 18 or so minutes of the game looked like a completely different team than in the last 30 minutes or so.

Was at the game ...I saw nothing wrong with the going for two points ...it gives you an opportunity to work on your two point conversion plays to use them in another tighter game ...down the road such as Union , Grayson Co . or Burton ..

Nothing at all wrong with going for 2 on those or calling the timeouts at the end of the half. Shouldn't even be questioned.

Maybe tonight will be a lesson in humility.

Not condoning the alleged trash talking but I did feel bad for the kid last night in that he is not being utilized in a way to maximize his talents. Even though he made a couple of plays last week against Castlewood, he was not properly utilized in that game either...in my opinion. I'm speaking on offense in the Castlewood game..and offensively and defensively in the Clintwood game.

Not condoning the alleged trash talking but I did feel bad for the kid last night in that he is not being utilized in a way to maximize his talents. Even though he made a couple of plays last week against Castlewood, he was not properly utilized in that game either...in my opinion. I'm speaking on offense in the Castlewood game..and offensively and defensively in the Clintwood game.

Got that. I was speaking of just the talking. I never was a fan of it when I played and am not a fan of it now. Let your actions speak for you. Hopefully, it was a lesson in just that.

He's just a kid...and a tough one at that. Pretty much a reach to say he alone quit when it looked to me like the entire team mailed it in when the goin got a little tough. The Haysi team in the first 18 or so minutes of the game looked like a completely different team than in the last 30 minutes or so.

He is just a kid, and thats the reason I havent put his name and number up. My point is if you dont run your mouth, nothing good can come from it and hopefully he learned something about it last night. Do I think he is a quitter? No, imo he isint used to being in that type of game and when things got rough he didnt know how to handle it. By the time this season is over he will be a different player(I hope so for his sake because he has a bright future ahead of him).

But youre right, the Haysi team that played in the first 18 minutes of the game can play with anybody in D1, the team that played the rest of the game not so much. I hoped they learned from last nights game. They have the talent to be good but have alot to get together(and alot to learn).

And you are right, he is not being used like he should. I afraid he will end up having a career like Caleb Powers did; Powers was the best running FB that ive seen in this area and his senior year he averaged about 10-12 carries a game for about 100 yards a game. It should have been atleast 20 a game. Last night Haysi was able to run up the middle on Clintwood, '06 was the last time that was the case and Coach didnt take advantage of it.

They didn't run up the middle much on 1st team...a couple good 10 yard runs here and there thru out the game...35 total rushing yards isn't much...

Bowens is a tough little running back tho...stays on his feet well...

Overall the Offense didnt run up the middle well but Bowen did. Bowen didnt carry the ball up the middle that much but when he did he was very effective. I bet 30 of those yards were Bowen up the middle.The FB dive wasnt working and the option wasnt working(I honestly thought Haysi would get most of their rushing yards on option)

hes tough and has great balance. I know I will get torn apart for this one but he is almost the equal of Meade imo. Meades blocking is/has been alot better than anything Bowen has ever had.

Edited by redtiger

I understand what you are getting at, but let me offer this: practicing 2 pt conversions against Haysi will be nothing like actually running them against Grayson or Union. I don't think that's even comparable. That's not a knock against Haysi, I don't intend to offend their fans, it's just that Union and Grayson will be a lot tougher.