Blu-Ray player question

Why do the new blu-ray players have no autio out connection on the back of them. I recently bought one but the problem is that my hd television is a 2003 model with just a dvi connection with an audio connection below it. I have an hdmi-dvi converter that I use to connect this blu-ray player to the television but all I get is video and no sound. Does anyone here know of something out there on the market that I could use that would send my television an audio signal from this player without having to purchase a new hd television, an audio system, or an older discontinued blu-ray player. Thanks!

recheck your connections, i had same problem, some instructions are wrong. i had to hit and miss, before i got it right....

The only connections on the back of my blu-ray player are just the hdmi connection and a coaxial connection for an audio receiver but no audio connection to go out to my television. So in order to have audio from this blu-ray player on my television there either has to be an audio connection on the back of the blu-ray player in which there isn't or I have to hook up an audio receiver to both which I don't have unless there is something out there that I can hook up to the blu-ray player to give it an audio connection in which I can't seem to find. I'll probably just have to hook it up to my new television in my bedroom that has an hdmi connection on it and later on try to find a blu-ray player for my older television. Thanks!

Had to edit this post. The HDMI cable will have digital audio so you will need a converter that splits the HDMI video and audio then converts the video for DVI and the audio to RCA(analog). Looked in a few of our catalogs and they are not cheap.

Edited by Popeye

Had to edit this post. The HDMI cable will have digital audio so you will need a converter that splits the HDMI video and audio then converts the video for DVI and the audio to RCA(analog). Looked in a few of our catalogs and they are not cheap.

That's kind of what I suspected if there was a converter out there that did that. It's no big deal though. I'll just buy a blu-ray player later on compatible with my setup in my living room. I think I saw one in Wal-mart today. I appreciate the info though! Thanks alot!