Virginia High-John Battle

V-Cats

I'm surprised there's not been a thread on this one yet, the one on the CMD website has been intense. When's the last time we looked forward to VHS-JSB?

But I digress, the 'Cats are coming into this one pissed off and looking for redemption, Battle meanwhile spent last week smacking a school less than twice their size. Over the past year we've seen a Renaissance of Battle football, now it's time to bust these Trojans. Thoughts and rebuttals?

I'm surprised there's not been a thread on this one yet, the one on the CMD website has been intense. When's the last time we looked forward to VHS-JSB?

But I digress, the 'Cats are coming into this one pissed off and looking for redemption, Battle meanwhile spent last week smacking a school less than twice their size. Over the past year we've seen a Renaissance of Battle football, now it's time to bust these Trojans. Thoughts and rebuttals?

Battle played a very good Fort Chiswell team the week before, and the VHSL (VHSL-REFERENCE.COM) has Twin Springs and Abingdon both with an overall rating of 15, Va High could not move the ball against Abingdon, if not for the 2 blocked punts Abingdon would have won. Va High may be pissed, but it will take more than disappointment from last year and a couple of athelets to beat a team, and JSB is playing good team ball this year. Trojans win BIG!!!!

Even though I, as a Battle fan, want us to win this one big, I just can't see how everyone thinks that either team will win this by a large margin (unless one team just plays sloppy ball while the other brings their A game). I expect this one to be a close, hard fought game. Could very well go into overtime. I'm still giving the edge to Battle though. Biased or not, I'm giving Battle the edge because they really took it to VHS last year and they really didn't lose that much (nothing they haven't replaced already). Can't wait for this one to get going.

I've made it my business talking alot of trash against JSB the past 12 months and the fate of that is going to be decided tomorrow night. I'm either going to look like a vindicated man..and an ass, or a paranoid loser..and an ass. Home field advantage has become a huge part of this rivalry now & one just knows that Paul Wheeler is going to have this team ready

More Battle fans and Virginia High fans on the cmd board then there would be on here my man.lol. Plus you dont have dossy22 to stir things up.lol all other Battle fans give their honest opinion. haha

Yeah, I always try to give my honest opinion on there, but I tend to let little things get to me (from both VHS fans and even JSB fans....dossy included sometimes) and end up continuing arguments that I regret later. When that happens, I usually just shut up for a bit and linger on this board a bit more to cool down, lol.

You know how bad I used to be. I was awful when I first started getting on. I've calmed down a bit since I have been getting older. When everybody talks about a players standpoint, I was there a knew how it was. We didn't care what anyone said on a board. We would read all the time and just call them haters.lol

You know how bad I used to be. I was awful when I first started getting on. I've calmed down a bit since I have been getting older. When everybody talks about a players standpoint, I was there a knew how it was. We didn't care what anyone said on a board. We would read all the time and just call them haters.lol

When I was at Battle, I didn't even know the boards existed, lol. People had Myspace and Facebook was gaining ground fast, but we really didn't talk about the football season on there like on these forums now. If anyone had anything to say, it was in a text or to someone's face and someone would just write it down for locker room material. That was only a handful of years ago, so that just shows how much social media has blown up in the high school sports area so fast, lol.

More Battle fans and Virginia High fans on the cmd board then there would be on here my man.lol. Plus you dont have dossy22 to stir things up.lol all other Battle fans give their honest opinion. haha

There will be new traffic next year with the arrival of the former SWD members :)