Grundy @ Hurley

mdotson98

Figured I would go ahead and start this thread since no one has. Both teams are coming off of poor showings this past Friday night. What is everybody's thoughts, opinions, and predictions on this game.

close game I'd say...could be a toss up. Grundy's owned Hurley for so long, they are over due for a win.

If Hurley doesn't start focusing its gonna be a VERY long year for the rebels. Haven't seen Grundy yet but I'm hearing they are having similar problems. Good luck to both teams. Lance I guess you'll be taking pics?

If Hurley doesn't start focusing its gonna be a VERY long year for the rebels. Haven't seen Grundy yet but I'm hearing they are having similar problems. Good luck to both teams. Lance I guess you'll be taking pics?

yeah i'll be there and will be taking pics.

Got to do a better job running the ball, and holding onto it only had 8 yards rushing and had like 4 turnovers against Eastside. The Rebels offense did look a little better late and they started executing a lot better. It however was a little to late by that point. The Rebels have one of the biggest offensive lines around if they can just use that size and the running backs can hold on to the ball and hit the holes made by their line the Rebels might stand a chance.

close game I'd say...could be a toss up. Grundy's owned Hurley for so long, they are over due for a win.

I don't know about close. The Rebs have the same problem as last year, they "look like Tarzan but play like Jane".

Grundy by no less than 2td's. I hope I'm wrong and would love to have to eat crow.

I believe that we could for the first time in a long time see a close game between these two. Both teams have their issues right now and it should be a good game. I hope that the Rebels have a good showing and maybe end this streak of Grundy victories over Hurley that dates back to 1991 which is the last time that the Rebels came out of top in this game.

Grundy should win it easily...talent wise, they seem to have more to go around by the numbers...but, they are really having a hard time getting everyone on the same page...they looked better in pre-season than they have in both real games. I'm not sure i've ever seen that before, but it's true. Not talking about the score or whatever, just being able to be in the right place and execute and do the basics correctly...even just something as simple as wrapping up.

I have a feeling, i hope anyway, that they will get settled down and find the groove they need to hit on offense soon...and most of the problems on defense seems to be people not in the correct place and doing the wrong thing once the ball is snapped...so...if they can just get everyone on the same page they are a pretty good team...they have the talent to win a lot of games.

The QB is still young and he's struggled at times with what he needs to do...but he's getting there...you just have to be patient, as hard as it is to do so...and let him find his way. He's a smart kid, got a great arm, a good eye, and can run over people if he gets going...he's over due to have a huge game...he had a good game against TV, but he's got potential to put up some huge numbers...hasn't happened yet.

I heard it was due to lack of playing time. I heard numerous people talk about how fast he is but he still doesnt get to play much. Guess he just figured he would get to play a lot more at Hurley than would he did at Grundy.

I heard it was due to lack of playing time. I heard numerous people talk about how fast he is but he still doesnt get to play much. Guess he just figured he would get to play a lot more at Hurley than would he did at Grundy.

could be due to his fumbles and a lot of dropped passes as well...good kid with a lot of potential...he's still young...no need to rush it...but whatever, at some point you would think they would put an end to these mid-season xfrs just because someone's feelings get hurt.

could be due to his fumbles and a lot of dropped passes as well...good kid with a lot of potential...he's still young...no need to rush it...but whatever, at some point you would think they would put an end to these mid-season xfrs just because someone's feelings get hurt.

+1

Good game but I don't think the better team won. Hurley just coudn't finish drives. They either had fumbles or penalties when they got to Grundy's 30 yard line. EVERYTIME. 70 yards of penalties in the first 2 quarters (don't know what the final total of penalty yards) and running backs who don't understand "high and tight". Hurley's offense and defense showed some life this week. On to next week.

P.S. Jeremy Ward's reputation is everything that people says and more.;)

im surprised more people aren't making a bigger deal of him transferring....when did he do this, had he played a game for grundy yet?

Why should they, Kade and Tyler transferred from Hurley to Grundy after they played each other last year.

After,before or hell during the game, it doesn't matter, nobody from Hurley said anything about Kade and Tyler. Why should anybody from Grundy say anything about Trey transferring.

well for one, there were different circumstances under which Kade and Tyler left...only thing I thought about Oliver leaving for Hurley was the time he left, I think it would have been better if he had waited until after the Grundy game to make the move. You have a kid who plays two games for Grundy, then plays against them in week 3? I feel bad for Oliver in all this, from what I understand he wanted to stay at Grundy...but, it is what it is...wish him the best of luck, good kid.

as for the better team not winning...I thought they were pretty well even...Grundy still has a lot of work to do and a ton of injuries. Difference in the game being the kicker...Grundy didn't have to make a TD to score, and in the end that was the difference. If Hurley had the Mutter kid, they would have won, no doubt.

well for one, there were different circumstances under which Kade and Tyler left...only thing I thought about Oliver leaving for Hurley was the time he left, I think it would have been better if he had waited until after the Grundy game to make the move. You have a kid who plays two games for Grundy, then plays against them in week 3? I feel bad for Oliver in all this, from what I understand he wanted to stay at Grundy...but, it is what it is...wish him the best of luck, good kid.

as for the better team not winning...I thought they were pretty well even...Grundy still has a lot of work to do and a ton of injuries. Difference in the game being the kicker...Grundy didn't have to make a TD to score, and in the end that was the difference. If Hurley had the Mutter kid, they would have won, no doubt.

Downs: G 7 H 17; Rushes-Yards: G 28-9; H 51-186; Passing Yards: G 57, H 28; Comp-Att-Int: G 3-11-0, H 2-10-0; Fumbles-Lost: G 3-3, H 5-3; Penalties-Yards: G 5-45, H 8-54; Punts-Average: G: 4-48.0, H: 2-11/5

The stats tell different. You only had 66 yards of total offense and Grundy got most of those on 1 play. A passing play in front of your sideline. What hurt Hurley was fumbles and penalties on crucial drives. Everytime Hurley drove the ball deep in Grundy territory one of these two things happened.

So, from what I seen on the field last night , Hurley was the better team. Grundy had the better kicker.