Grundy-Hurley consolidation

cwood78

the coal industry has been on and off since the 80s...this is nothing new...and just my opinion this layoff business is nothing more than election year politics. If the county did everything based on the coal industry alone and what was going on "right now" you would never know what to plan for.

This Poplar Gap project has been cooking for a long time, some of the heaviest hitters in the county are behind it...the coal industry might waiver, but you can bet your butt that the Gap project won't....that's already a done deal top to bottom...it's going to happen.

Lance I know what your saying but coal has never faced what it's facing now. You bet your ass if theres no coal severance money and you have a big exodus out of Buchanan county which you will if Coal goe kapooey you'll see a lot of stuff happen that you wouldnt think would.

Lance I know what your saying but coal has never faced what it's facing now. You bet your ass if theres no coal severance money and you have a big exodus out of Buchanan county which you will if Coal goe kapooey you'll see a lot of stuff happen that you wouldnt think would.

If that Hoo could talk, what tales he'd tell

About the coal tax and the miners and the comps as well.

But the Hoo was cool, and he never said a mumblin' word...

whats the point of doing it before a new school is built? unless "they" know the new school is more than 5 years away? That's the only way i could see it unless numbers at Hurley are supposed to drop drastically in the next couple of years? which if that's true on either case, I had not heard of it.

Enrollment is going to pick back up just a little because this years senior and junior class is the smallest groups going all the way down to kg. The sophmore class all the way down to kg ranges in the 55-65 kids per grade, the senior and junior group range from 40-45 kids.

I would say there is a "push" to consolidate before the new enrollment numbers. I would imagine it is easier to persuade to combine with 180 kids than say 220 kids.

Enrollment is going to pick back up just a little because this years senior and junior class is the smallest groups going all the way down to kg. The sophmore class all the way down to kg ranges in the 55-65 kids per grade, the senior and junior group range from 40-45 kids.

I would say there is a "push" to consolidate before the new enrollment numbers. I would imagine it is easier to persuade to combine with 180 kids than say 220 kids.

thus, why i don't see it happening...unless of course there is money to be made by someone who can make it happen.