Iphone 4???

SteveEurkel

Just curious, but don't most people who upgrade their Apple products trade in their old ones? I've always heard that those iPhones keep a lot of value, even when the next generation comes out, so people tend to just trade it in to the store.

I taked to a lady at Verizon last week. She said that she had been hearing that Verizon would be offering the 4s at a very reduced price (maybe even free) if you extend your contract with Verizon for 2 years. She said that she would not say that it was definite but that was what she had been hearing.

I have AT&T, but I do know that they have reduced it to $99.99 for a 2 yr contract but the thing is that im not eligble for a 2 yr contract!!

The extra $100 for the iPhone 5 is well worth it. The benchmarks show the processor is twice as fast as the 4s and the new iPad.

Have you checked recently? Normally when a new iPhone comes out AT&T bumps up your upgrade eligibility by 3 months.

The extra $100 for the iPhone 5 is well worth it. The benchmarks show the processor is twice as fast as the 4s and the new iPad.

Have you checked recently? Normally when a new iPhone comes out AT&T bumps up your upgrade eligibility by 3 months.

Though the processor is twice as fast, is that going to make a difference in the long run?

For example, unless you regularly stream games on the phone, it seems to me like the super fast processor is just a waste of resources, and that the iPhone4 would suit your purposes just as well.

Reason I comment, I'll be in the market for one within the month.

Though the processor is twice as fast, is that going to make a difference in the long run?

For example, unless you regularly stream games on the phone, it seems to me like the super fast processor is just a waste of resources, and that the iPhone4 would suit your purposes just as well.

Reason I comment, I'll be in the market for one within the month.

The casual user most likely would not notice the difference in the upgraded processor, but I still strongly believe it's worth the extra $100 for the new one.

Pros:

Taller screen

Siri (iPhone 4 does not support)

New dock connector

Better design

More durable

LTE 4G (useless around here, for now..)

Most people may not use Siri, but with the upgraded ability you can now ask her any sports question and she will find the answer. I plan on using this quite often.

My phone is with me 24/7 and I feel like it's more of an investment than anything else. $100 extra can be a lot of money to some people, but in the long run you are going to get your money back with the resale value.

• 2 weeks later...