Virginia Football

Deleted Account

Just made it back from Charlottesville today. My thoughts:

1. I wonder if London's got the Xs-and-Os savvy to be a successful FBS coach. Team looks lost at times.

2. Last play was a perfect example of #1. Bad coaching mismanagement. Just bad.

3. Execution is HORRIBLE. -3 turnover margin, and 16 penalties. Not coincidentally, we lost by 6.

4. Philip Sims will be UVA's starting QB next week, and as long as he will be at UVA. Otherwise, I'll boycott.

5. Why must every row I sit in be the row that everyone in the section chooses to exit? I moved 100 times tonight. Gets old.

6. The lady sitting beside me had the two of the worst behaved kids on the planet. Poor parenting shown, too.

7. Retro unis looked nice.

8. I think Duke wins next week. They're 4-1, and facing their most important game in 18 years.

Just made it back from Charlottesville today. My thoughts:

1. I wonder if London's got the Xs-and-Os savvy to be a successful FBS coach. Team looks lost at times.

2. Last play was a perfect example of #1. Bad coaching mismanagement. Just bad.

3. Execution is HORRIBLE. -3 turnover margin, and 16 penalties. Not coincidentally, we lost by 6.

4. Philip Sims will be UVA's starting QB next week, and as long as he will be at UVA. Otherwise, I'll boycott.

5. Why must every row I sit in be the row that everyone in the section chooses to exit? I moved 100 times tonight. Gets old.

6. The lady sitting beside me had the two of the worst behaved kids on the planet. Poor parenting shown, too.

7. Retro unis looked nice.

8. I think Duke wins next week. They're 4-1, and facing their most important game in 18 years.

Dude, us VT fans are right there with you. We should have beaten Cincy and Pitt had we played to our potential. But no, our offense got lazy and our Defense got beaten around the field the whole game.. Stinespring needs to go.... This is getting horrendous.

Dude, us VT fans are right there with you. We should have beaten Cincy and Pitt had we played to our potential. But no, our offense got lazy and our Defense got beaten around the field the whole game.. Stinespring needs to go.... This is getting horrendous.

Pretty sad season for college football in the Commonwealth.

Fear not, though. VT will drink whatever miracle water it drinks Thanksgiving week and slaughter UVA. Like always. The only thing I'll even have to go on is the "last time VT didn't win 10 games, UVA beat them". Yeah, that's the angle I'll use...

1. I think that I may have stated last season after the UVA VT game that Mike London wasn't a great X's and O's coach. He has obviously brought some excitement to the program and has done a very good job of recruiting. I just don't think he will take the program too much higher than it is now.

1. I think that I may have stated last season after the UVA VT game that Mike London wasn't a great X's and O's coach. He has obviously brought some excitement to the program and has done a very good job of recruiting. I just don't think he will take the program too much higher than it is now.

You did. And I think there's some truth to that. London admitted that he's more of a father figure and a motivator than he is a pure Xs-and-Os guy, even before he took the UVA job. Part of the reason London wasn't my first choice (3rd). To get away with that, though, you MUST have good tacticians at your coordinator and position coaches. Lazor's close to that level, though he tries to get too cute sometimes. Reid will never get there. And we need a new lines coach in the worst of ways.

Can't just keep laying the blame on Stinespring. The reputation of Beamerball and the so called great Bud Foster are equally to blame over the last few years. Can't win a big one, can't beat a ranked team, can't win a close one. The only thing that prevent defense ever prevents is a win. Maybe if they lose 4 or 5 more (and they could from what I have seen) heads will roll out of Blacksburg. It's time if VT is ever really going to become a top 20 program. Thanks Beamer, Foster, Stiney, but this is as far as you could take the program. Your reputations that were made from beating lower level teams in the past has caught up with you. Exposed!

Can't just keep laying the blame on Stinespring. The reputation of Beamerball and the so called great Bud Foster are equally to blame over the last few years. Can't win a big one, can't beat a ranked team, can't win a close one. The only thing that prevent defense ever prevents is a win. Maybe if they lose 4 or 5 more (and they could from what I have seen) heads will roll out of Blacksburg. It's time if VT is ever really going to become a top 20 program. Thanks Beamer, Foster, Stiney, but this is as far as you could take the program. Your reputations that were made from beating lower level teams in the past has caught up with you. Exposed!

Frank Beamer is about to turn 66 years old and has been at VT for 25 years I think. I hope Beamer doesn't pull a Paterno and try to stay too long.