A Different "Fantasy" League

Happened in 2010 at Landon Boys School in Maryland too...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060905925.html

Nothing new, IMO. I know people don't like to hear it, but females have always been "prey," especially for the hormone raged teenage boys. Guys have always used girls for one specific thing. It happened when we were in high school and its happening now.

Girls should definitely be aware, but like I said its not exactly groundbreaking info. Every teenage movie dating back to the 80's have almost always had some plot of getting laid by any means necessary. These kids know the drill.

Happened in 2010 at Landon Boys School in Maryland too...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060905925.html

Nothing new, IMO. I know people don't like to hear it, but females have always been "prey," especially for the hormone raged teenage boys. Guys have always used girls for one specific thing. It happened when we were in high school and its happening now.

Girls should definitely be aware, but like I said its not exactly groundbreaking info. Every teenage movie dating back to the 80's have almost always had some plot of getting laid by any means necessary. These kids know the drill.

Surprised that I missed that one.

I do find a difference, though. There's a difference in (1) a guy wanting to get laid by hitting on everyone even remotely qualified and (2) doing the same thing for sport. With the first, you're doing it to satisfy a desire, and the motive's honest. With the second, you're doing it to be an [insert long string of expletives], and the motive's fraudulent.

But then again, that high school was the same one that produced our George Huguely, so maybe it's something in the water there. Maybe it's just the state of Maryland in general.

Surprised that I missed that one.

I do find a difference, though. There's a difference in (1) a guy wanting to get laid by hitting on everyone even remotely qualified and (2) doing the same thing for sport. With the first, you're doing it to satisfy a desire, and the motive's honest. With the second, you're doing it to be an [insert long string of expletives], and the motive's fraudulent.

But then again, that high school was the same one that produced our George Huguely, so maybe it's something in the water there. Maybe it's just the state of Maryland in general.

I think your number 1 qualifies as your number 2, but agree to disagree there. I just don't see chasing tail just to get laid as real "honest", IMO, and the motive is ultimately the same - to say or do anything to get a piece of ass. 99.9% of all high school boys usually brag about their conquests to their buddies whether its with a random hookup or a steady girlfriend. It's a badge of honor at that age and basically a competition to "one-up" your peers. A competition much like fantasy league point standings. Only thing different is actual documentation.

Yeah, I didn't really want to throw Huguely into the mix in my first post because he wasn't really relevant in event of sexcapades, but his attitude and demeanor are certainly indicative of the typical private school culture. Most of those kids go into adulthood with no real understanding of the real world, and are hardly ever held accountable for reckless actions. Daddy's money can get you out of a lot things, and although its happened before, murder usually isn't one of those things.

I think your number 1 qualifies as your number 2, but agree to disagree there. I just don't see chasing tail just to get laid as real "honest", IMO, and the motive is ultimately the same - to say or do anything to get a piece of ass. 99.9% of all high school boys usually brag about their conquests to their buddies whether its with a random hookup or a steady girlfriend. It's a badge of honor at that age and basically a competition to "one-up" your peers. A competition much like fantasy league point standings. Only thing different is actual documentation.

Yeah, I didn't really want to throw Huguely into the mix in my first post because he wasn't really relevant in event of sexcapades, but his attitude and demeanor are certainly indicative of the typical private school culture. Most of those kids go into adulthood with no real understanding of the real world, and are hardly ever held accountable for reckless actions. Daddy's money can get you out of a lot things, and although its happened before, murder usually isn't one of those things.

Appreciate that perspective...I just see "bragging" on a different level. Agree to disagree.

Of course, Ted Kennedy being the exception to the rule in your last line. ;)

• 2 weeks later...