anyone ever hear of this guy?

Lance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McKissick

i use to live down the road from this school...pretty amazing.

The guy's record is 601-148-13 all time and he has 10 state championships.

86 years old and still coaching.

I saw a story about him about a week or two ago when he won his 600th game. I wonder how many different offense's and defenses he has used in his career? Apparently he knows how to adapt from old school players to modern day players. You and I both know that is a feat in itself.

I saw a story about him about a week or two ago when he won his 600th game. I wonder how many different offense's and defenses he has used in his career? Apparently he knows how to adapt from old school players to modern day players. You and I both know that is a feat in itself.

was talking to Lloyd about him earlier.

The numbers are staggering if you take a second and let them sink in to your brain...

just to compare...Mance is roughly 450 wins behind this guy.

he would have to coach for another 50 years at Richlands and win almost every game, every year just to catch up.

He would also have to win state on avg about every 5 years...for the next 50 years.

just think about that...

was talking to Lloyd about him earlier.

The numbers are staggering if you take a second and let them sink in to your brain...

just to compare...Mance is roughly 450 wins behind this guy.

he would have to coach for another 50 years at Richlands and win almost every game, every year just to catch up.

He would also have to win state on avg about every 5 years...for the next 50 years.

just think about that...

Gainer could have done it at Bluefield had he coached long enough.

Gainer could have done it at Bluefield had he coached long enough.

thats just it...the amount of time you would have to coach and actually win a very high % of games...incredible.

thats just it...the amount of time you would have to coach and actually win a very high % of games...incredible.

I looked up Phillip Haywood from Belfry because he is still coaching and has the most victories of any coach that is within a hour drive of my house.

Phillip is 362-123 counting tonight's win and he is 2-4 in state title games.

Phillip is bumping at least 58-60 because he coached at Prestonsburg for about 85-90 of those wins and then went to Belfry in 1984.

Phillip would need 239 more victories to just tie John McKissick if he retired this year with no more victories.

THAT IS 24 MORE YEARS AT 10 VICTORIES A YEAR!! Damn!!!

I looked up Phillip Haywood from Belfry because he is still coaching and has the most victories of any coach that is within a hour drive of my house.

Phillip is 362-123 counting tonight's win and he is 2-4 in state title games.

Phillip is bumping at least 58-60 because he coached at Prestonsburg for about 85-90 of those wins and then went to Belfry in 1984.

Phillip would need 239 more victories to just tie John McKissick if he retired this year with no more victories.

THAT IS 24 MORE YEARS AT 10 VICTORIES A YEAR!! Damn!!!

thats what i'm saying man...these are like way beyond Cal Ripken Iron Man numbers lol...if you really take time to wrap your brain around it, pretty impressive.

Just to put that in a local perspective...24 years at 10 wins a year would be equal to Greg Rowe's time at Grundy and winning every single game they played.