Robert Bork Passes Away

Deleted Account

Love him or hate him, arguably the greatest conservative legal mind of the 20th Century. Having read some of his articles, his writing almost takes me to a higher place, even somewhat poetic in his attacks and defenses.

Of course, he's villified for (1) supporting President Nixon in Watergate and (2) the failed Supreme Court bid. Despite the liberal hate-mongering, brought about largely by those who were scared of him, he was NOT the monster and oddity portrayed to America.

I can say with certainty, though, that he'd have been the smartest individual on the Court were he there. And this Country would've been a different, more conservative, and dare I say...better...place were he elected.

RIP Mr. Bork.

Love him or hate him, arguably the greatest conservative legal mind of the 20th Century. Having read some of his articles, his writing almost takes me to a higher place, even somewhat poetic in his attacks and defenses.

Of course, he's villified for (1) supporting President Nixon in Watergate and (2) the failed Supreme Court bid. Despite the liberal hate-mongering, brought about largely by those who were scared of him, he was NOT the monster and oddity portrayed to America.

I can say with certainty, though, that he'd have been the smartest individual on the Court were he there. And this Country would've been a different, more conservative, and dare I say...better...place were he elected.

RIP Mr. Bork.

What a loss!!!! You are so correct in your assesments of him...what a disappointment that he was not voted in to the Supreme court..