Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

ThomasDenton

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

I really hope he doesn't leave Notre Dame (and I kind of expect him not to). He's only been there for 3 seasons and took the Irish to the National Championship after an undefeated season and starting out the season unranked (something not many thought would happen). He needs to stay where he is for the sake of ND's football program.

Let's see on the plus side for the NFL - $3 million per year more in salary; and one of the 32 most coveted jobs in football.

The plus side for ND - your own TV network and propaganda machine; knowing that you always have the EZ-Pass to the new playoffs; the adoration of millions of adoring fans (As long as you win at least 9 games per year); and complete control of the program.

So to me the decision comes down to what it always does when we change jobs: Money and Ego.

Let's see on the plus side for the NFL - $3 million per year more in salary; and one of the 32 most coveted jobs in football.

The plus side for ND - your own TV network and propaganda machine; knowing that you always have the EZ-Pass to the new playoffs; the adoration of millions of adoring fans (As long as you win at least 9 games per year); and complete control of the program.

So to me the decision comes down to what it always does when we change jobs: Money and Ego.

And this is what scares me about it. He's moved up with each job change and most people would say that going to the Eagles is moving up from any college team.

So Jeffery Lurie found a way to out bid Phil Knight. That is a wow.

I will say this, Philly has the skill players to run his system. It will be interesting to watch the NFL handle the tempo Kelly will use on offense.