The People vs Gun Lobby

redtiger

Im not trying to start another gun rights debate or really even discuss the ownership of firearms by civilians in this country, what I want to know is where did this idea that the arguement is between those who support stronger gun restriction laws and gun manufactures/lobbyist/politicians?

In the media I daily see individuals arguing for the protection of their own gun rights but when I see those who favor more stringent firearms laws making statements they basically say "were not gonna continue to let gun manufacturers, the lobbyist or paidoff politicians continue to allow these weapons to continue to be avaliable". It sounds alot like "the evil rich corporations are taking advantage of us".

Do these people fail to realize that its not just lobbyist, politicians and manufacturers who oppose further firearms restrictions but also millions of common everyday people? and that the NRA gets alot of its money from donations from citizens and that represenatives are doing what their constituents want them to do? Where did this perception come from?

None of this is directed at anyone on here, the arguements for stricter gun regulations ive heard on here are sensible, even if I dont agree with most of them.