Bluefiled Football?

kevin

I was told that 3 bluefield players were kicked off the team a couple of days ago. Any truth or just a rumor?

3 players got in trouble for something on school property.  They were suspended for a couple of days but I don't believe they were kicked off the team.

Questionable decisions by players looked upon for leadership is why I do not believe this team has what it takes to win the state title. Beaver was spoiled by great player leadership from 2002-2009 with the entire 2005 seniors class during 2004 and guys like Ponder in 2007 and Lilly and Patterson in 2009. Beaver has lacked player leadership since 2009 and it is no concidence they have not played for a title since that time.

Questionable decisions by players looked upon for leadership is why I do not believe this team has what it takes to win the state title. Beaver was spoiled by great player leadership from 2002-2009 with the entire 2005 seniors class during 2004 and guys like Ponder in 2007 and Lilly and Patterson in 2009. Beaver has lacked player leadership since 2009 and it is no concidence they have not played for a title since that time.

I tend to agree with this.  First off, losing a leading rusher from last year due to legal troubles, and now three kids suspended for a game for some unspecified reason.  Not inspiring, that's for sure.  This team is scary good even with out them (winning 57-18 tonight), but if they play a tough opponent, they will need that leadership.

This just feels like college ball, with so many kids getting in trouble...

Simmons did the right thing in not letting those kids play.  But the attitude of those boys needs to change!  Personally I'd run them til they puked and then make them wash the all the shorts, shirts and jocks just to get a chance to play again.