Tazewell Hokie assaults Tech reserve QB

VHSLhelper

Culled this from a variety of places

A Tazewell man is in jail this weekend following an assault at a Blacksburg pizza place last weekend. 21 year old Luke Allison, a member of Va. Tech’s Corps of Cadets, has been charged with public intoxication and malicious wounding and is being held @ the Montgomery County Jail in C'burg.

According to a search warrant filed Wednesday in Montgomery County Circuit Court, a Blacksburg police officer was on bike patrol about 2 a.m. last Saturday when he saw a male lying unconscious in the parking lot of Benny Marzano's pizza restaurant on Draper Road... that's across from the old media annex and up the street from BS&T. Witnesses told police that the victim was hit from the side or from behind the head. After some investigation, Officer T.T. Heckman was able to identify Allison as the suspect. Allison was located running from the scene. Officer Heckman identified the victim as Brian Rody of Ashburn from his driver's license. Roddy is a 6-foot-6, 236 pound Soph. reserve QB for the Hokies, spent the season working with the scout team. He led the Stone Bridge Bulldogs to the Div. 5 title game in 2009 & 10, where they lost to Phoebus. According to the police warrant, Rody was bleeding from the mouth and nose and was taken to Lewis Gale Hospital Montgomery, where a doctor told police that Rody had a brain bleed and had teeth missing.

Rody was 1 of 2 players who had felony charges amended in Jan. and pleaded guilty instead to misdemeanor destruction of property stemming from a prank gone bad back in Dec., after they allegedly put aluminum foil and toilet bowl cleaner into a soda bottle and left it in front of a neighbor’s door. Blacksburg police responded to the ensuing explosion at The Village @ Blacksburg & charged Rody and redshirt Fr. LB Josh Trimble, both walk-ons, with manufacturing and detonating a bomb or explosive, a Class 5 felony in Virginia. Both were given a 30-day suspended sentence and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service by a Montgomery County (Va.) General District Court judge.

but all us old-timers know where it was. I woulda said up from the old Mish Mish, but that would be confusing. If I had said "in the old newsstand", would that have worked better? I don't rem. what was there before. Beside Daddy's Money or the Red Cross place would also limit the age range. I don't even think it's called the Media Annex anymore, for that matter.

How 'bout I just say between Gilley's & the 7-11?

Those were the days. I was a 4-H volunteer for a few years after HS, and when I'd take the HSers up for Congress, (they weren't allowed to leave campus,) I got us there early and parked nearby. Took the guys to BS&T to look at the albums that you couldn't find anywhere around here, then I'd trek down to Carol Lees, then met back up with them at Steve's. They got a kick out of acting like college students.

but all us old-timers know where it was. I woulda said up from the old Mish Mish, but that would be confusing. If I had said "in the old newsstand", would that have worked better? I don't rem. what was there before. Beside Daddy's Money or the Red Cross place would also limit the age range. I don't even think it's called the Media Annex anymore, for that matter.

How 'bout I just say between Gilley's & the 7-11?

Thought I was the only one who even remembered Mish Mish!  LOL  

I've got a good story about a drunk roommate and a trip to Mish Mish at 2 in the morning...also have another story about a drunk friend, a brick, and BST...but we'll save those for another time...

Those were the days. I was a 4-H volunteer for a few years after HS, and when I'd take the HSers up for Congress, (they weren't allowed to leave campus,) I got us there early and parked nearby. Took the guys to BS&T to look at the albums that you couldn't find anywhere around here, then I'd trek down to Carol Lees, then met back up with them at Steve's. They got a kick out of acting like college students.

I spent my share of $$$ at BST, Carol Lee's, and Steve's while I was at VT.  I had a class in the Lyric Theater 11 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays...Steve's was ALWAYS lunch.  I was introduced to a lot of music at BST that I had never heard of...some of my favorite memories were going down there with some of my hallmates to by the latest CDs, then head back to the dorm to listen to them for the first time...then again, again, and again...

I had a friend from Council who listened to Dr. Demento on some KY station, and he LOVED hitting BS&T to see if he could find some LPs by the weirdos. I used to have some stories... I think they involved Daddy's, but I've forgotten them all by now. Only ones I can rem. revolved around places on-campus, strangely. like Slusher lounge, Deitrick patio and Cassell 'beach'