Why does the ACC take so much time to release football skeds?

dshreeves

All the other big time football playing conferences have their schedules for 2014 up already. Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Pac 12.

Why the hell does it take the ACC so long to get them together? Last year it was March if i remember correctly.

Anyone know?

It's always been in February.  Last year, UVA and FSU were actually the reasons for the hold-up.  Both had late cancellations and scrambled to find suitable teams.

By a modest level of sleuthing, you can have the full array of teams any ACC school will play the following season.  It's just the dates that are up in the air.  It doesn't bother me so much.

Maybe in hopes of reducing the humiliation of the scheduling?  Its getting harder and harder to justify paying JMU and App St. to come take a loss, especially when they come in and beat you.  The ACC scheduling has been a joke for a long time now.  

But I digress, at least the student athletes at other ACC schools can read!

Maybe in hopes of reducing the humiliation of the scheduling?  Its getting harder and harder to justify paying JMU and App St. to come take a loss, especially when they come in and beat you.  The ACC scheduling has been a joke for a long time now.  

But I digress, at least the student athletes at other ACC schools can read!

Poor UNC.