QBs in 2016

Swvafbfan88

This post is not about a local QB...it's about a QB I was planning  to watch play this coming Friday night in his school's home opener in GA.

(Yes, I know I'm stretching the rules in posting this but I'm BUMMED.) 

GA opens their regular high school football season this coming Friday... I thought it would be the perfect time to see this young man play in his SR year. I saw him play his sophomore year in a quarter final game...which they won (the team later played for the AA state championship that year in the GA Dome but lost to a team, they had previously beaten in the regular season).  I didn't  see him play any games in his junior year.

This was the article I read this morning about him and was pumped  to see the game...

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/gac/super-six-greater-atlanta-christian-s-davis-mills-a-stanford/article_70bf724c-3e93-5979-a2d2-b3ea5bb8fe6f.html

Got on later this afternoon and this is what I read....

"GAC quarterback, Stanford recruit Davis Mills to miss 3 to 4 months with knee injury

Just days before the football season opens, the Greater Atlanta Christian program was hit with devastating news

Senior quarterback Davis Mills, a Stanford commitment and one of the nation’s top recruits, will require surgery for a knee injury that will put him out of football for three to four months. He got word over the weekend about the severity of his knee injury and the GAC players found out Monday night at practice.

Mills is the mostly heavily recruited quarterback in Gwinnett history, rising up to No. 1 at his position nationally and No. 3 overall this summer in Scout.com’s rankings. He’s ranked 22nd nationally by 247Sports.com, which has him as the No. 2 quarterback in the country.

The 6-foot-3 1/2, 202-pounder, a standout at Nike’s The Opening and the Elite 11 competition this summer, has led GAC to state runner-up and state semifinal finishes the past two seasons. He threw for 2,267 yards and 26 touchdowns as a sophomore for the state finals team, then he threw for 2,821 yards, rushed for 541 yards and accounted for 39 TDs last year to earn Touchdown Club of Gwinnett quarterback of the year honors."