Honaker

Hokie Bound

I know Honaker gets beat up a lot on here but they do have some really good players from what I've seen. Their QB is an athlete and their kicker has the best leg in SWVA. I'm not sure what grade those guys are in or how many players will be back next season but if a lot returns for next season they'll be a legit team.

QB and most of the line are Jr.s the 2 smaller backs are Sr.s the 2 bigger backs are freshmen. Our best reciever is a Sr to I think. But Hubbards boy is a freshman and getting alot of passes his way. Kicker is a Sr But we have 2 more soccer players going to the same kicking coaches that Stout has been going to. 1 is a 9th or 10th grader not sure and the other is in 8th.

I counted 10 hurt players on the sidelines at the Burton game. Lots of young players getting lots of playing time. Getting the crap kicked out of them but hopefully making them better.

Unless these boys hit the weight room hard this off-season and decide they don't like losing it could be more of the same next year.

It comes and goes in cycles! Unless you go out and recruit about 12 guys each year,

And that ain't going to happen. It starts in the 7th grade, 8th grade, and then to the

JV's. Don't push them, let them play to have fun. Work some on weights, but don't force

The issue. Those that like it will stay and make good players.