Another ranking question..sorry

BigO

So 8-1 Lord Botetourt (ranked 6th) plays 8-1 Staunton River (ranked 4th, right behind AHS) to close out the regular season. AHS is .90 points ahead of SR. We play 7-2 Marion this week. If AHS and SR both win this week is there any way AHS stays in 3rd? (assuming teams ranked 1 and 2 win)

So 8-1 Lord Botetourt (ranked 6th) plays 8-1 Staunton River (ranked 4th, right behind AHS) to close out the regular season. AHS is .90 points ahead of SR. We play 7-2 Marion this week. If AHS and SR both win this week is there any way AHS stays in 3rd? (assuming teams ranked 1 and 2 win)

I would like to know the answer as well.  I'm not into the math enough to figure this out on my own.  For obvious reasons, I'm pulling for LB to win this game and I certainly think they are capable.  Both teams have lost to a very good William Byrd team.  For only the second time, I'm also pulling for Magna Vista to lose to Danville.  GW has 2 losses...don't know if the potential is there for MV to jump AHS if both schools win.  My high school was one of 2 schools that formed Magna Vista.

None of this matters if the Birds don't take care of business on Friday night.  I'll be there cheering as loud as I can for AHS.

A good friend of mine has kids that go to LB and he says they don't have a very good QB and that SR has 2 good RBs. He expects LB to lose, but you never know. Yeah, first things first...we gotta beat Marion for any of this to matter. I was just looking at the rankings and the spread between us and SR. I really want the AHS kids to know what's on the line possibly....2 home playoff games. Surely that would motivate them.

Yeah, a loss would kill them. That's what I'm hoping the team knows....it would cost them a 2nd rd home game. Just 3 years ago they were struggling to even make the playoffs.