GW vs PM

02GW12

Will be a tough game for us. PMC is the type of team that historically gives us trouble. 

Some of our kids have seen Nelson a couple years ago when we played Auburn in the 2nd round, so we definitely know what kind of beast we're lining up against. No disrespect to anyone, but this was the one team I was truly worried about when I saw the playoff draw. We're really going to have to take advantage of every scoring opportunity we get...PMC will play ball control and limit our possessions. 

No disrespect to PM but they will have to play keep away. GW has so many weapons and are so deep. This will be a good game this will be the first time all year that PM will see a team that's a little bigger than them.

PM is a team that grinds the clock out with long drives. I think it's gonna be a little closer then expected. Not because they are on the same level as GW but because of the way they play and grind the clock out.

GW score very fast and from anywhere on the field if the run game isn't working we've got 6 WR to pick from. So it seems like it'll be our high power big, fast O vs there big grinding O.

PM is a team that grinds the clock out with long drives. I think it's gonna be a little closer then expected. Not because they are on the same level as GW but because of the way they play and grind the clock out.

Completely agree. This team is no joke. If they get the ball in their hands in a one possesion game, it's a struggle. I trust our kids' will, but it will no doubt be pushed against this squad. 

Like I said, gotta maximize our possessions. No doubt about it, I feel we can. However, I'm also well aware of the challenge it presents if we don't. 

I do LOVE the energy GW is playing with right now, and I do love the way the defense is playing....But this will be a war. Both teams will be drug thru deep waters. It's just a matter of who handles it best.

Yeah our D has been playing lights out in the second half of the season. And I've seen of people saying that PM doesn't pass at all really. They will have to find a pass game. You cannot let GW sell out to stop the run. If we are allowed to stack the box good luck. That would be 1000+ pounds of man to move and then you would have to deal with our LB's. But we will all see next week.

Yeah our D has been playing lights out in the second half of the season. And I've seen of people saying that PM doesn't pass at all really. They will have to find a pass game. You cannot let GW sell out to stop the run. If we are allowed to stack the box good luck. That would be 1000+ pounds of man to move and then you would have to deal with our LB's. But we will all see next week.

We've had differences in opinion in the past, and make no mistake, I've always loved and respected you love for our boys in Maroon. Besides, you went thru the program like I have, and you've paid your dues by paying it forward to teaching our youth like I did. Don't take this as Blaster Bashing 202, by all means....(I have graduated from the 100 level to the 200 level, right? lol)

This game will be a dogfight. It won't be easy. I sincerely expect this to be a one score game in the end. I haven't predicted games in years on these forums, because I've seen too many times over that will bite you in the ass. Just win, baby. I don't care if it's by 1 or 100....That in itself will be tough next week. Just gimme that 1 point difference and lets move on. That's all that matters at this point. 

I am still going with GW. This will be a real head knocker folks. Both are very good teams.

PM proved that with win at Hurley. GW and Galax are the class of A1 teams in SWVA. GW has so many

Good athletes, it would be very hard to single one out and say if we stop this guy, well we can

Beat them. GW has played a pretty good schedule, and PM has played a somewhat weaker schedule,

But that did show against Hurley.

It may come down to possessions, field position, turnovers. GW will need to slow down RB Nelson

From PM. This will be by far the best team PM has faced this year. GW should use all their offensive

Weapons and see if PM can stop them. These 2 teams are very good, and it is really hard to try

And do an analysis of either team against each other.I am struggling just to make a good cause

For either team. Oh well, GW by 1 or 2 points.