Battle Of Wal-Mart Bluff (AKA Cavalier Pharmacy Jamboree

Unchained

I don't put stock in scrimmage or jamboree scores/results-just look for the positives and negatives. If we were going by scores Central beat Lebanon 7-0 and Hurley 7-0 (Warriors had 2 TDs wiped off board vs the Rebels) and Hurley beat Lebanon 14-0. I always give my most honest assessment and if it's good or bad I call it like I see it,so having said that here's my take on the 3 squads I saw this evening:

Lebanon Pioneers (the positives) Kids played hard,and the Smith kid #2 is a rugged back who runs hard.  (The negatives) I don't get classless and call kids out on here but coaches are grown men and fair game so I will say that that squad is perhaps the most poorly coached unit I have ever seen. When you see a team flagged 17 times for delay of games and false starts,that's on the coaching. Lack of coaching and discipline will doom the Pioneers unless things tighten up PDQ:(

Hurley Rebels: Those folks saying Grundy is going to claim the BDD crown had best not bet an automatic on it. Yes Hurley is young,but many positives and the positives being: good speed,good skill kids,shifty,slick little QB, and like most Hurley teams they like to hit. I  really was surprised with how well they played. (Negatives- some discipline-lacking penalties,some exchange issues that should improve with reps

Central Warriors: (positives) I fully expected the offense to be much further along that the defense,and I got the exact opposite. The Warrior defense is faster,harder hitting,and much better tackling than previous defenses they have fielded. The pass defense looked sharp as well. Dalton Mullins has developed a much better passing game with a deep,skilled corps of receivers. In the past being one dimensional has really hurt the Warriors,but folks are going to have to pay attention to his arm and that really makes him a nasty threat. (Negatives) The team vs Lebanon looked flat like they were going through the motions. The energy vs Hurley was much better and the offense looked better. Silly penalties have to go by the wayside if the Warriors are going to make any noise. I expect Coach Owens to rectify that this week. My major concern with this squad is the offensive line. The pass blocking was fair,but if Central  is to have any chance at all that line has to grow up quickly and hold the blocks on the run

Having said all of that this is just a scrimmage with nothing set in stone,and coaches are trying to fit in the pieces