SWVA Sports Podcast - Episode 34

Ryan4VT

Please do a podcast on the difference between WV and VA football. Please don't confuse west VA football as a total representation of VA football. Bluefield is a dominant WV program in AA and would probably beat 80% of WV AAA teams. That said, AAA WV champ would probably not make the semi finals in VA. 

8 hours ago, WVLB said:

Please do a podcast on the difference between WV and VA football. Please don't confuse west VA football as a total representation of VA football. Bluefield is a dominant WV program in AA and would probably beat 80% of WV AAA teams. That said, AAA WV champ would probably not make the semi finals in VA. 

100 bucks said you know nothing about WV football.

martinsburg, the AAA state champ, has won 36 straight games. They would absolutely compete for the state championship in AAA VA. 

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

100 bucks said you know nothing about WV football.

martinsburg, the AAA state champ, has won 36 straight games. They would absolutely compete for the state championship in AAA VA. 

I grew up in WV and have followed it for years. Martinsburg beat Sherando( VA) by 3 last year. Their closest game. Sherando got pasted by 40 by Salem. 

I have followed WV through the AA CK dominance of the 80's , great South Charleston teams and even private Wheeling Centrals dominance . And yes, Bluefield has great tradition and several titles at different classes. Being at the game last night reinforced my opinion. I think you stated Bluefield was way better , faster , with a bigger line than LB have seen all year.  LB scrimmaged VA 6A Thomas Dale preseason with 6 D1 kids just on the defensive side and won by 7. 

5 minutes ago, WVLB said:

I grew up in WV and have followed it for years. Martinsburg beat Sherando( VA) by 3 last year. Their closest game. Sherando got pasted by 40 by Salem. 

I have followed WV through the AA CK dominance of the 80's , great South Charleston teams and even private Wheeling Centrals dominance . And yes, Bluefield has great tradition and several titles at different classes. Being at the game last night reinforced my opinion. I think you stated Bluefield was way better , faster , with a bigger line than LB have seen all year.  LB scrimmaged VA 6A Thomas Dale preseason with 6 D1 kids just on the defensive side and won by 7. 

I never stated that. The only thing I ever posted about that game was that if didn’t think LB would hold Bluefield to 6 points at home. That hot take has me on the hook for thousands of frostys 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

I never stated that. The only thing I ever posted about that game was that if didn’t think LB would hold Bluefield to 6 points at home. That hot take has me on the hook for thousands of frostys 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

My apologies then, it was another post. I'm real happy they have scheduled for the next couple years. It's good for both programs and great for high school football fans. For the record, Bluefield will defend its state title this year. It's hard to duplicate their speed in WV