Gate City @ Lee High

generallyspeaking

4 hours ago, VFL said:

He is a beast on the defensive side also on the games I have watched. The kid is in on almost every tackle. I have been waiting on them to give him the ball. I went back and watched the game against Burton last night and I think lee should have thrown it about 30 times. Number 32 from Lee looked good and I have never seen him targeted before.

He is always in somewhere on the play on defense, dude is a magnet to the football. Lee just added on another threat to their offense when they decided to give him more carries. 32 is Andrew Holmes, he’s got great hands and has really stepped it up on the defense with a couple INTs this year. Lee has so many different guys getting touches on offense it’s hard to slow them down. Huff, Hammonds, Early, Holmes, Roop and the tall #11 Hines kid are all great weapons for Pendergraft to get the ball to.

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Roop gets 10 touches per game, they're in it.  Best athlete on the field just on hustle,  but he might be the fastest also. Hammonds might be faster,  but with Roops size he's dangerous.  Better line play from city i believe was the difference. 

Can’t agree more. Dude’s motor is full go the WHOLE game. He brings the energy to the team. Been watching him since he was in middle school and got to play with him my jr and sr year. He is straight up comedy in the locker room too lol. Give him more carries to give Huff a breather and let him rest a bit before the playoffs. 

On 10/17/2022 at 4:30 PM, Smashmouth said:

Roop gets 10 touches per game, they're in it.  Best athlete on the field just on hustle,  but he might be the fastest also. Hammonds might be faster,  but with Roops size he's dangerous.  Better line play from city i believe was the difference. 

Don't think Roop or Hammonds is the fastest on the team.  I think that goes to Konner Early

37 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

Don't think Roop or Hammonds is the fastest on the team.  I think that goes to Konner Early

Early has been one of the best players on the team this season. Really impressive for a freshman. Not afraid to hit or make big plays. I’m excited to see how well he does over the next few years.