Fort Chiswell at Rural Retreat

KW23

Who ya got?  I think Rural Retreat could be a sneaky good team this season and challenge Honaker for 1D.  Haven't heard anything about Fort Chiswell other than the fact that RR's JV game was Cancelled with them BC they didn't have enough players for a team.

Fort Chiswell has a new coach at the helm, former player is my understanding. They’ve had so many coaches the past few years. It’s hard to build a program with that much turnover. Hopefully, the new coach brings consistency and they can have a winning season. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was close and Fort Chiswell pulls it out but I also wouldn’t be shocked if it went the other way. 

Rural Retreat by 13.  Rural Retreat outplays Fort Chiswell by more than what seems like 13 points, but Rural Retreats ground and pound and grind the clock style will keep the score down.  Only my opinion and keep in mind, we are talking about Fort Chiswell and predicting ANYTHING about Fort Chiswell in ANY sport is a dangerous thing.  I've wrote this for years, the most up and down schizophrenic or Bipolar sports program I've ever seen in SWVA.  The could be undefeated or on a 4 game win streak, then lose by 30, or lose 3 in a row, then not just win, but win big over somebody they aren't supposed to, and this seemingly happens in every damn sport they play and it happens year after year.  Just no way to predict them.

I got Rural Retreat by 13, but so help me God, if Fort Chiswell won the game by 24 points, I would literally think nothing of it.  Just another year for Fort Chiswell.