Narrows @ Bath Co

nrv_football

Running story right now is yes 9&0 but have played a weak schedule.  They have done what they should have done with that schedule to be 9 and 0.  Won and won handily.  Be some posts but it'll be decided where it should be, on the field.  Narrows is solid but beatable.  Hopefully will be a good game.  Stay tuned.

I agree with everything above, weak schedule....yes, won handedly.....also, yes, are they good....yes-ish.  From what I've seen on film and in person is the QB is a very, very good athlete. He can make people look very silly and makes big plays in key situation.  While he defiantly helps carry them and keep them moving forward, I would argue their defense is also very good.  I wouldn't say they have a single "stud" on defense, but what they do have is balls to the wall aggression, every single play.  All 11 guys fly around the football and play through the while, which in D1 is rare and causes a lot of issues for teams.  They have adopted the defensive scheme to bring at least 1 or 2 more than you can block and try and stop you before you ever get going; and they do a dang good job of it.  Tonight should be interesting though because Narrows spreads it out and gets rid of the ball quickly out in space.  So if Bath rushes 6 or 7 on each play that means they better have some "sure" tackling when the pass is complete; one missed tackle and the WR could be gone.  DO they change their defense this week because of Narrows style; I doubt it, its lead them this far, but I do think Narrows will have a lot of success throwing the ball.  I also think Baths QB will make some big plays as Narrows defense isn't the greatest.  I also, think playing at home for Bath is another advantage; its a long bus ride to the top of the mountain no matter where your coming from.  In the end however, I see Narrows making a couple stops and winning the game by a score or 2.   

I haven't seen Bath (at all, no film, no NFHS, nothing) so I just don't have any idea.  Could be a Bath win by 3 touchdowns or just the opposite or a tight game.  I just don't know how to gauge it. I think sixcat wrote the 3rd weakest schedule in Virginia or something like that for Bath County, but to my knowledge, they have won big over the weak schedule, so who knows.  I'll go with Narrows by 7 points and go by 44cov3 who has seen Bath.