5-4-3-2-1-0------Rate the job of the coaches in your district for this year. Here's mine. Mt. Empire District

60minuteMan

5 points---Shane Allen, Galax. Rough start against a powerhouse schedule, but everybody said you can never count out Galax, and you still can't.                                                                  4 points---Zane Quesenberry, Ft. Chiswell. First year had coach. won more games than Fort has won the last few seasons combined. Made play-offs and pulled off what some called a 1st round upset, at least seeding wise. good job.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  3 points---Brandon Harner, George Wythe. Lost a lot of key players from a 1A state runner-up team, but still competed with the big dawgs of 1A as his team seemed to get better as the season went on.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2 points---Scott Mikowicz, Auburn. first year head coach taking over a really struggling program. Broke the team's seasons long winless streak by not only winning 2 games, but won those games in back to back weeks for a little 2 game winning streak with the 2nd one against hated cross county rivals E.Mont. This program hasn't been able to complete a schedule for the last couple years due to lack of players. He had enough players to play all 10 games with no cancellations or forfeits. Hope that's a good sign for the program.                                        1 point---Stephen James, Grayson Co. Preseason favorites from most around here to win region C and a good bet to be playing in Salem for the west. Had a fine regular season to finish 9-1, but struggled in both play-off games and finished getting shut out by a team they beat in regular season. I personally think James has a lot of his guys practicing year round, so maybe they were as good in week 1 as they were going to be, as other teams got better as the season went on.                                                                                                                       0 points---Jeff Williams, Giles. My version of a participation trophy for the Spartan coach. Sad what's going on over there. I could go full "Animal House" and give him a Double Secret 0"

1 hour ago, 60minuteMan said:

5 points---Shane Allen, Galax. Rough start against a powerhouse schedule, but everybody said you can never count out Galax, and you still can't.                                                                  4 points---Zane Quesenberry, Ft. Chiswell. First year had coach. won more games than Fort has won the last few seasons combined. Made play-offs and pulled off what some called a 1st round upset, at least seeding wise. good job.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  3 points---Brandon Harner, George Wythe. Lost a lot of key players from a 1A state runner-up team, but still competed with the big dawgs of 1A as his team seemed to get better as the season went on.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               2 points---Scott Mikowicz, Auburn. first year head coach taking over a really struggling program. Broke the team's seasons long winless streak by not only winning 2 games, but won those games in back to back weeks for a little 2 game winning streak with the 2nd one against hated cross county rivals E.Mont. This program hasn't been able to complete a schedule for the last couple years due to lack of players. He had enough players to play all 10 games with no cancellations or forfeits. Hope that's a good sign for the program.                                        1 point---Stephen James, Grayson Co. Preseason favorites from most around here to win region C and a good bet to be playing in Salem for the west. Had a fine regular season to finish 9-1, but struggled in both play-off games and finished getting shut out by a team they beat in regular season. I personally think James has a lot of his guys practicing year round, so maybe they were as good in week 1 as they were going to be, as other teams got better as the season went on.                                                                                                                       0 points---Jeff Williams, Giles. My version of a participation trophy for the Spartan coach. Sad what's going on over there. I could go full "Animal House" and give him a Double Secret 0"

Definitely agree with this  especially - Jeff Williams getting 0 - that program is in shambles over there.

2 hours ago, nrv_football said:

Definitely agree with this  especially - Jeff Williams getting 0 - that program is in shambles over there.

I know there are Giles people on here with better intel than me, but from an outsider’s perspective they looked really good to end the year. Could’ve upset #1 Grayson. They only lost by 8 to either the state champ or runner up. They had a tough middle of the season, but I thought they turned a corner at the end and were playing better. Not disagreeing with you. I don’t know enough about their situation to make a decision. Just want to know what’s wrong, and what everyone’s idea for how to fix it is.