State Semi Scores Finals

6 hours ago, sixcat said:

Auburn outscored Honaker 49-29 after the first quarter. One official accounted for a 20 point swing in a high school basketball game?

If a teams key player or players get in foul trouble then yes I've seen it happen. Not saying it cost them the game but it did have a big impact.

6 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

The difference in the game was Auburn's ability to adjust offensively.  After the 1st quarter, notice the spacing and cutting and passing by Auburn and offensive sets they would start in for a halfcourt set.  It was DIFFERENT.  That's coaching.  Auburn's coach will adjust on a dime if sees something that he feels will be favorable and his decision is usually favorable.  All coaches or most coaches make adjustments and try things and sometimes it works out well and sometimes it doesn't. Auburn's Coach seems to adjust just a little quicker than 99% of his peers and his decisions made with adjustments seem to turn out to be the correct one's a much higher rate than 99% of his peers.   With all that written, Honaker is a also a well coached team and they looked pretty darn good out there also.

I agree with your assessment. Not many teams had the talent to adjust to the physical play of Honaker defensively. Auburn did a good job spacing the floor and they are most definitely well coached with fundamentally sound players. There is a reason they have success on a yearly basis. Number 3 can shoot the lights out and number 23 was the best player on the court in my opinion. I hope they win the title next week. Also, congrats to Honaker on a great season.