Powell Valley

ph532003

They are pretty good. Their losses came to "AAA" team Seymour, TN. "AA" powerhouse program in Breathitt Co, KY. They lost to a very fast team in JI Burton. In the JI Burton game PV failed to capitalize on three opportunities inside the Burton 20. Missed opportunities was pretty much the downfall in the Burton game. Overall they should match up with Giles in the semi-final. Losing to a AAA team and a very good AA team this season for some reason has caused them not to get much respect this year. They could possibly be 11-1 right now.

I happened to attend the Burton and PV game this year. I don't know if you can say they lost due to "missed opportunities". They could not move the ball against the Burton defense. Aside from a SPECTACULAR throw and catch for a TD....NOTHING! That's why they lost the game.

I think the game did hinge on a missed opportunity. In the third period of the game, with Burton leading 19 to 13, PV recovered a fumble that put them deep into Raider territory. If the Vikings had scored and taken the lead - which at the time seemed very likely even to the JIB fans who got awfully quiet - the rest of the game may have played out differently. I think that was a classic example of "missed opportunity".

If's and but's, candy and nuts.....bottom line PV lost all of their big games... from what the post are reading. The games they won they should have won......didn't they barely beat clintwood? Who cares if they lost to a "AAA", "AA" ...bottom line they lost, and how do brag on that. How can you say they are not getting the respect? Looks like to me they haven't earned it this year. Win those games and maybe we will consider giving you all more respect. Good luck with Giles.....I hope you guys take this one and represent your disrict well. Put the tissue away and go play some football.