division 3 state semi

mudmaker

there are seats available on a charter bus going to hidden valley sat. tickets are $50.00 each and include game admission. game tickets are also availabe in advance for $8.00. there is limited seating available on the bus and tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis. see debbie smith in the office at richlands high to purchase tickets

DIRECTIONS: DWIGHT BOGLE STADIUM?CAVE SPRING MIDDLE SCHOOL

FROM I-81 NORTH take exit 141 (salem exit) (8.7 miles from this exit) at the red light at exit 141, take a LEFT. you are now on ELECTRIC ROAD/419. go 7.6 miles (approx.15 red lights)to the BRAMBLETON AVE./221 SOUTH intersection and take a RIGHT. you are close to this intersection when you see bank of floyd and walgreens on left- GET IN RIGHT LANE. the stadium is 1.1 miles on LEFT behind CAVE SPRING MIDDLE SCHOOL. THE STORM IS COMING!!!!!!

This adds about an extra 25-30 minutes to your trip. You have to go all the way to Tanglewood Mall which is out of the way, then you will have to backtrack to the field. Plus the Saturday shopping traffic at the Mall will definitely slow you down more. Make sure you leave much earlier if you take this route. However, you will get to see more of Roanoke with these directions!

From Exit 141 :

Going through Salem on 419 (Electric Road) for about 8 miles at, what, 40 mph, plus a half-dozen or so traffic lights to Brambleton ? My guess is about 15 minutes

Going 3 miles farther up the Interstate (at 65 mph), then 8 miles down to Tanglewood (at 65), then 2 miles over to Brambleton (at 35)? Took me less than 15 minutes to get to T'wood when the Tie Dye Guy was there, so ...

Looks like about the same amount of time to me, and I'd rather go the "4 lanes" way than the "traffic lights" way.

The speed limit is 60 on I-81 (strictly enforced) around this area due to too many accidents on I-81 and the speed limit on 581 is 55 miles per hour. We live in Salem and would never take the Interstate to go to Cave Spring Middle School. It takes too long. You can set at a red light at Tanglewood for 3 light cycles before even going through it. Regardless of which way you go - GO BLUES!!!!