How good is Honaker this year?

DaveMann

They have good size and lots of experience. It will probably end up being a three team race with Honaker, Twin Valley, and Haysi.

Twin Valley has Baldwin, who is good, but he mostly backs defenders down in the paint and does a "fat boy" lay up.

And Haysi has 5 returnees.

Here is a link to the article the BHC had on the BDD.

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/search.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2006-11-24-0047.html

Guest BlueBlue

I dont think it will be a three team race because Honaker isnt that deep and Haysi does not have the talent to compete with teams like Hurley and Twin Valley.Yea thats right Hurley I watched them play Poca and Moutain Mission and this is the sleeper team to watch they can score big off the bench and the startes are very talented also.Watch for the rebels to run wild on the BDD brother!!!!!!!Also how bout thoese rebels 2-0 baby.Hurley 80 Poca 57 and Hurley 60 Moutain Mission 53.

HURLEY could be a #2 team in the bdd even a #1 it all depends on if eric may can stay out of foul trouble or not, the games that MAY stays out off foul rouble they look good but when he sets on the bench there whole offencive skeem goes out the window it makes them a jump shooting team.And another thing going for hurley is a new coach that realy nows the game of basketball(the new game) not the game from 20 years ago and so far it has seemed to help them on defence and offence. dont get me wrong baldwin from TV is big but he wasnt nore will he be the leading scorer in the bdd he is a primary defenceive player hes not going to put up big points every night. BUT as for now i would say it is #1 HAYSI because there point gaurd is better than #2 HURLEY because of ERIC MAY #TV because of BALDWIN rembember how many players they lost from a year ago.#3 HONAKER and #4 COUNCIL there just to young right now.

[ QUOTE ]

ive seen hurley and council both play, council is as good if not better than hurley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i have seen both Hurley An Council play too . No way Council can play with Hurley this year . Council walks the ball down the floor plays zone on D an only has one kid that scores 90% of the points . Hurley on the other hand has May inside noone from Council to stop him an Hurley has kids that can shoot . Hurley has about 2 or 3 kids on the bench that can shoot the 3 ball . Hurley plays man to man . an runs the ball all game .i seen coach mark cooper goin off on the kids for not pushin the ball up the floor an they was up on POCO by 25.

My Picks Are

#1 TV

#2 HURLEY

#3 HONAKER

#4 HAYSI/COUNCIL

#1 BDD FAN