Beaver football

tom

hello everyone, must say im glad to see a site finally devoted to southern WV/VA football..i think the Beavers are gonna be bringing the AA title back home where it belongs this year and on the VA side, i hope Graham does the same..show everyone what the "Bluefield's" football is all about...im an 87 grad of Blfd and a huge fan of the Beavs in all sports and even pull for Graham, except for that last week in Aug...lol, win or lose its been a great year for Blfd football and i just wish my good friend and Beaver fan, the late Curtis (larry) Honaker could be here to enjoy it with me..im sure hes lookin down with a smile so far this season..on a lighter note, i now live outside of Charleston WV and seems as if no-one down here wants to give the Beavs any kinda respect or any kinda chance to win the title this year, all i hear is POCA this, POCA that, POCA 3-peat etc..hope the Beavs take care of business just to shut some of these people down here up..great website and GO BEAVS !!

I consider Curtis a good friend also. And have thought about how much he would enjoy this season often also.

We went to the bluefield pulaski county game and to capitol for the playoff game in '92, those games stand out, and then we talked or stood around in the bleachers at most away games also as well.

We had gone to school, he was a year ahead, and then we worked with each other for the city for some months, often getting in to something back then, we have quite the stories and yarns.

Cutris was/is such an affable guy.

Always good to read from another bluefield beaver fan.

hey Buzz, Curtis lived and grew up 1/4 mile from me and ive known him since i was in 4th grade so we went through alot together and i will always consider him one of my closest friends, he was a Blfd Beaver fanatic like most of us and it was so hard to sit at the Beaver/Graham game this yr knowing he lost his life about 10 days before and when we spoke last we were both excited bout this season and the Graham game but he was definitely a huge Beaver fan and a great friend that always kept things interesting, rather you wanted them to be or not..hahahha, btw his stepson is #28 TJ Morris on this years squad and a pretty good player at that, so as far as im concerned, the Beavs are gonna have a lil extra help from above winning it all this year..GO BEAVS!!!

yeah i know jackie all to well myself shes a good woman but dealin with a tough time.. and yes ive seen 4 Beaver games this yr and gonna catch a cpl more (if they make it) starting saturday..been a lil while since ive been to a daytime playoff game so im lookin fwd to it..just hope the beavers are ready and not lookign past these guys, im just so tired of hearing all this POCA stuff down this way..we NEED this rematch to settle things...keeepin my fingers crossed