Longest Win Streak????

pdfootballguy

Does anybody know what the longest win streak in SWVA or in VA for that was and who accomplished it. This can include WVA if you'd like. I haven't really heard any conversation about this and I was wondering if any old timers could enlighten this youngin on the subject!! Thanks!!!!

Gilbert High won 38 regular season games in a row from 1982-1984 undefeated.Lost one game in 1985.From 1982-1985 39-1. From 1995-1999 record was 46-4 had 3 undefeated in that time frame.Gilbert all time record since 1976 is 215 win 81 lost, 7 undefeated season.We have had 3 losing season.

I remember coming home frome games on Friday nights and turning on WCYB and there would be Powell Valley scores and Thomas Jones tearing stuff up and winning what I think is two state titles.

Can someone tell me how many titles Powell Valley won in the Jones era?

I also wonder why nobody ever mentions these teams when they talk about greats around here. Nobody really mentions Thomas either when they say great players around here. He seems to be second to others but he is the all-time leading rusher in va high school history. Does anyone know any other stat leaders in VA high? Ex.Rec yards, Passing yards, touchdowns???

[ QUOTE ]

Gilbert High won 38 regular season games in a row from 1982-1984 undefeated.Lost one game in 1985.From 1982-1985 39-1. From 1995-1999 record was 46-4 had 3 undefeated in that time frame.Gilbert all time record since 1976 is 215 win 81 lost, 7 undefeated season.We have had 3 losing season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very impressive. How many state championships in this run?

The best my old GC math can add up are two decent streaks.

1969-1971 27 game streak and from 73-75 a 30 game streak. The record from 69-75 was 73-5. GC is also 81-16 (3-7 in '98) since the end of '95, with 58-6 since 1999 (4 losses in the state semi-finals since '99)