Bluefield's coach

gmenfootball

The new coach will be hired at the Mercer County B.O.E. monthly meeting on Monday, November 24th. Bluefield finished interviewing candidates last Friday and the BHS principal will make his recommendation to the board on Monday night. I’ve heard numerous rumors on who the next coach will be, so I will not waste time posting all the rumors. I guess we’ll find out Monday night into Tuesday morning…

He has coached the Bluefield girls' team the past couple of seasons, but I'm not sure about coaching experience he's had prior to that. If the name sounds familiar his son, Tyrone, starred at Princeton on the gridiron a couple of years ago and is now starting in the secondary for the Pitt Panthers.

• 2 weeks later...

Gillard is indeed the father of Tyrone Gilliard. I know Gillard's experience includes coaching Bluefield's girls the past few seasons and Gillard also coached Princeton's Middle School Boys teams for numerous years and he also coached the 9th grade Princeton Boys team in 1998. Gilliard is indeed an experienced coach, no doubt about that. I think it is some of his motivational ways that are kinda controversial. He will indeed be a decent coach but I am not sure he is the kind of mentor/disciplinarian that the Bluefield team really needs, but only time will tell...