Radford vs. Gate City

Buffalo_Pride

That's a pretty harsh word you're throwing around there, CHOKE! I don't think you could call 21-20 in Overtime loss in the snow on their home field a choke. GW was a lot better team than we had played all year. GC starting slow in playoff games has been their "achilles heel" for the last 15 years. By the time you get to this point (semi-finals) you can't spot teams 14 points and expect to win. You would expect the teams to be better. I as a GC fan I feel like we would beaten GW 8 out of 10 times(that's not a knock on GW), but it doesn't matter they only had to win one. Excellence is something that is hard to achieve, so is sustained excellence. I think the record over the last 10, 20, 30 or so years speak for itself.

This year GC was so much better (so far) talent-wise and execution-wise than anyone we've played. Does that mean they can drill a good Radford team? I doubt it. I do like our chances, and I hope the weather is great.

Remember the "best" or most talented team does not always win. I still don't know how we beat Magna Vista in 1997. They were so much more "talented" than GC, but the devils had heart (and Jake) and a little luck.

Just be a little easy, or don't be so happy to use the "C" word. I think the kids deserve better. The effort was there in each game 13 over the last 7 out of 8 years.

Yeah I get tired of reading and hearing the word "choke" myself. With the exception of one team, every team we've lost to in the state semi's has went on to win the state championship. Not too bad if ya ask me. Hopefully we'll get over the hump this year and come out fired up from the get go. If we have to play from behind again, it could be another long day.

We weren't necessarily throwing that at you, but when you hear it 4 straight years it gets old after awhile. We hear excuses all year long why nobody can beat us, then when we lose in the playoffs we "choke".

Take it from somebody who knows first hand GC hasn't choked the last four years. we just got beat by the better team on that day but we always left everything on the field. I get sick of hearing about how GC chokes. What other team has been to the state-semi's 5 year in a row?

"Lord I apologize...and be with the starvin' pygmies in New Guinia"

I knew it about ten seconds after I posted, I just didn't get a chance to get online 'till now.

I was talking about Jefferson Forest with the loaded team full of future college talent. Prettiest knuckleball FG I ever saw.