abington beats grundy

grundysports

I was there, Grundy has to do more than just try and let Jimmy Ashby do everything. Plus, I wouldn't call out the plays your doing, because it was easy to see that AHS was seeing what you were doing and remembering it. AHS had atleast 10 steals tooken down because they knew where the ball was going. Good Luck Grundy, remember to let others besides Ashby do something.

Basketball isnt like football man...You cant huddle and call a play...You have to have a name of signal for a play....

It wasnt that they were jumping "memorizing" the plays....Fact is that both teams run the same base offense.....They were just playing aggressive defense and were getting a hand in the passing lanes. Grundy is having to break in all new guards this season. They will become more comfortable as the season goes along. Abingdon is much more polished at this point in the season though...

[ QUOTE ]

Basketball isnt like football man...You cant huddle and call a play...You have to have a name of signal for a play....

It wasnt that they were jumping "memorizing" the plays....Fact is that both teams run the same base offense.....They were just playing aggressive defense and were getting a hand in the passing lanes. Grundy is having to break in all new guards this season. They will become more comfortable as the season goes along. Abingdon is much more polished at this point in the season though...

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can also have options to do more than one thing even if it isnt working. I think Grundy didnt have more than one option. Like instead of going across the middle go to the top of the key or something. Move guys around more too. If you had someone to compliment Ashby, like one of our guards, I would say you could win the SWD or go far in it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can also have options to do more than one thing even if it isnt working. I think Grundy didnt have more than one option. Like instead of going across the middle go to the top of the key or something. Move guys around more too. If you had someone to compliment Ashby, like one of our guards, I would say you could win the SWD or go far in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SWD is to basketball what the highlands is to football. Nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow! Tidbit and I agree on something...the end of the world must be near...LOL!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow! Tidbit and I agree on something...the end of the world must be near...LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree more times than you think.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree more times than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHHH! I know we do but most of the posters on here don't know that...

Grundy has a few more plays than 1 man..Trust me...

And Grundy's guards will be fine...They have to get a few games under their belt. We replace 4 starters this season and is gonna take them a while to get up to speed...And last year's Abingdon team was better than this years IMO.

As for Gman and Tid Bit...Im not sure how you make that statement when last season Grundy beat the Falcons, who were undefeated in HD play?

Several Grundy teams in the late 90's all the way up until around the 2002 season were better than the Highlands teams. Graham with Belcher and Bradshaw were better that HD teams during their years. The top teams in the SWD have been more than able to compete with the HD in recent years.

and grundy girls...they are picked to win the swd??? so what does that say about the swd when abingdon from the highlands can come in and beat them by 40??? is that the best swd has to offer?? i know richlands aint better and neither is taz...the only one any ocunt is carroll county

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy has a few more plays than 1 man..Trust me...

And Grundy's guards will be fine...They have to get a few games under their belt. We replace 4 starters this season and is gonna take them a while to get up to speed...And last year's Abingdon team was better than this years IMO.

As for Gman and Tid Bit...Im not sure how you make that statement when last season Grundy beat the Falcons, who were undefeated in HD play?

Several Grundy teams in the late 90's all the way up until around the 2002 season were better than the Highlands teams. Graham with Belcher and Bradshaw were better that HD teams during their years. The top teams in the SWD have been more than able to compete with the HD in recent years.

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna agree with you on this one... were the same way, if we pass the ball were a team to watch out for, but all our team cares about is who can score the most and get their name in the paper, which is why the paper shouldnt put who scored the most they should have who had the assists, rebounds, etc... then players might go out to win instead of worry about their name in the paper... but i do agree with you on what you said

[ QUOTE ]

and grundy girls...they are picked to win the swd??? so what does that say about the swd when abingdon from the highlands can come in and beat them by 40??? is that the best swd has to offer?? i know richlands aint better and neither is taz...the only one any ocunt is carroll county

[/ QUOTE ]

grundy girls aint the best... they were considered the best when they had there girl that went to va high who just flat out dominates... and tazewells girls are suppose to be the top team, but if grahams girls would play the inside game with there height and talent they got a good team they just dont use it right... and i dont know who carroll county or richlands has