Congrats to mt. view!

buzzsawBeaver

This is late and excuse the seemingly complete disregard for the congrats which has certainly been due, I guess I've been preoccupied, but it's been my mind certainly..

Yall had an exceptional team and season, if you all ever play more consistently you all will eventually earn a title, although this season I thought mount view was more consistent overall, aside from not being consistent against webster county. The only 2 other defeats were to the 2 teams playing for the title, bluefield's game was closer than the score and they played bluefield hard as always, and it was unfortunate that ytheir best rb, vineyard, was injured in the 2nd quarter against poca.

Although I hoped mt. view would be victorious against poca, no offense, but myself and likely most bluefield fans are equally satisfied with the results and having the opportunity to play poca for the title.

Good fortune to mt. view and congrats again, GOD bless.

Thanks for the congrats, this was MV's best team since the 91 team that lost in the Semis to Wheeling Park. Even though they lost to Poca I think the players have nothing to be ashamed of, because the game was really close at halftime, and if MV's starting hb/lb,fb/lb, and qb/cb not gotten injured and had to miss the whole 2nd half the results of the game may have been alot different. When both Vineyards and Helm went out of the game that is when Santmyer was able to take over the game. The Poca fans won't admit to it, but had they lost Santmyer to injury for the whole 2nd half they would've been the ones hurting. If Bluefield contains Santmyer and forces Poca's qb to make plays the Beavers will roll, because their qb can't seem to hold on to the ball, but win or lose I don't believe Poca will be make it back to Wheeling next year, because they don't have another Santmyer to carry them.

Unfortunately I didn't make it up to watch the game in person, but I did manage to see it on our local cable company's message channel. Watching the game on tape does take alot away from the feeling you get of being there in person, but I can honestly say without the loss of the 3 players I mentioned Poca wouldn't have scored 24 points, but imjuries are a part of the game,and to the luck of Poca they managed to get just about every break lol. I mean the field conditions, injuries, turnovers and just about everything else went against Mount View. Poca overall as a team wasn't that impressive at least not from watching on tape, but Santmyer is legit. If Bluefield's defense can manage not to get caught out of position on Poca's misdirection plays the Dots will get gnawed on the whole game lol. Poca will rely on Bluefield's defense to overpursue in order for Santmyer to have a big game, but if Bluefield's players manage to not get caught out of position they should stop Santmyer.