Anyone interested in a DSLR?

BigD4VT

I've been using a Nikon D50 digital SLR since last May but now that I have some experience shooting sports it has become apparent that I need a camera with a few more advanced features. In the Nikon lineup the D200 is the least expensive body that has everything I want... but it costs $1700. Soooo I'm going to switch to Canon as both the 30D and 20D have what I need at a more affordable price.

Therefore I will be selling all of my Nikon gear which includes the D50, 18-55mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 80-200mm f/2.8 and SB-600 flash. I can sell everything on eBay but I thought I would see if anyone here might want the D50 with the 18-55, or with the 18-55, 70-300 and SB-600.

The D50 is a very capable 6.1 megapixel camera. I shoot everything in either manual or one of the priority modes, but you can use program or one of the preset "scene" modes for point & shoot simplicity. It even has a "child mode" that my 7 year old nephew used on Thanksgiving and his pictures look great.

The camera, flash and lenses are all in excellent condition. Most of them have a few minor surface marks and scratches here and there but those are just cosmetic and won't affect image quality. The body is clean and dust free inside and the lenses are spotless.

I'm not sure when I will be selling as I will have to buy the Canon gear as soon as I sell and I need to raise some more money first. Hopefully January though.

• 5 weeks later...

All of my Nikon gear has been sold and shipped all over the country. I still have a couple 1gb SD cards left if anyone needs them. The Canon I ordered uses compact flash so I have no use for the SD cards. One is a Sandisk standard speed that I will sell for $20 and the other is a Lexar Platinum 60x speed you can have for $30. Or both for $40. I bought these two cards right before the state playoffs so they've only been used a few times.

• 1 month later...