hearts of champions

jeffro

congrats to the g-men on a great and exciting season. you played like the champions that you are. even in a loss you showed the heart,pride and determination of champions.

ALL should be proud.

I for one think that the #2 jersey should be retired in the halls of GHS, there has never been or will ever be anyone deserving of that number. thanks ahmad for all the excitement you brought to all fans

also thanks to all the seniors who played your hearts out.

and all you underclassmen, you learned by some great players what it takes to be champions, make them proud

like i know you will

Proud G-man Parent

The title "hearts of champions" fits the 2003 Graham G-Men perfectly, I believe. They played a team that the Massey ratings gave a 90% chance of winnin'; but they showed that ratings don't take into account heart and determination. Just like in the Beaver-Graham game, Graham dug itself a large first-quarter whole. Just like in Graham-Beaver, this team did not die, doin' whatever was neccessary to score points against a Gretna defense that gives up just a touchdown per game.

Ahmad Bradshaw will definitely be missed at halfback, but I believe he has a solid reinforcement in Robert Henry; Kevin Matthews will return, along with others.

Gretna is somethin' special, though; that team has been totally dominant this season (with that Massey poll ratin' them the most dominant team in Virginia). My hat goes off to them; may this be the season for them, and may next year be the season of the G-Men.

This years team can be as proud of their effort yesterday as any team (state champs included) that has ever put on a helmet with a big G on the side! At several points in the game, they could have realized what they were up against and folded, yet they kept coming back, never quitting, and in the end, gave one of, if not the best AA squad ever fielded in the state, ALL they wanted. The Hall kid is an awsome player, but for my money, the best player in Va. wears #2 for the G-Men. And his "supporting cast", though their names will be forgotten when those of us who discuss this years team reminisce in years to come, are as tough as any to come before them and deserve a BIG ATTABOY!