Mike Hayden of the SSAC

mvfan26

Wondering if any of you ever listen to the WV statewide sportsline show every weeknight at 6pm? Last night they had Hayden on for the final 10 minutes of the show, and miraculously they weren't taking any calls lol. Hayden did say that he had received numerous nasty calls about the pig pen I mean field at Wheeling.He even mentioned that several people accused him and the SSAC of getting kickbacks from Wheeling for allowing them to Host the Supersix, but he denied it all and said that the SSAC doesn't make any more money by having the Supersix at Wheeling then they would by having the Supersix anywhere else. He said the reason Wheeling's bid has won the rightsover the past 10 years is, because they've agreed to reimburse all the schools travel and lodging expenses that come to Wheeling for the Supersix. He also stated that the Wheeling field was in great shape the day before the Bluefield vs Poca game, so the bad weather and terrible field conditions weren't something that they expected to happen. Basically from what all he said the way it sounded to me is that the Supersix will stay at Wheeling. I don't think he really cares about the field conditions or kids playing in those games, because with the conditions the games were played in the kids were lucky not to get seriously injured. Hayden can talk all he wants about weather supposing to be a factor, but if that's so why isn't the superbowl or Natinal Championship game in College played in places where weather could be a factor? The reason is, because unlike Hayden the people making the decisions know that weather conditions could give 1 team an unfair advantage over the other, and in a championship game they want both teams to play on a neutral field that doesn't give 1 team an edge over the other, so whoever wins the game can truly be said to be the better team.

Ill guarantee you that atleast one of those nasty calls hes talking about came from me, and i have also been exchanging emails wiht them..says clearly on their website that they wont answer emails , yet i got them so fired up that i actually recieved 2 replies to my email and if more people would call or email and let them know how they feel, it might put the pressure on them to move this Sloppy Six to a more suitable location for ALL teams