interesting info concerning earlier related posts

tom

if you all remember several of us on here had posts concernign news coverage of the BDT and WVVA, well after numerous visits to my parents home and seeing alot of news broadcasts from WVVA of events out of the area, i watched fridays 6 and 11 newscasts and the leadign 2 stories at both time slots were all bout raleigh county..out of disgust and curiousity i called WVVA and asked why they prefer to cover a county thats nearly 1 hr out of our area and i was greeted with alot of anumosity and sarcasm and was informed that the FCC 'supposedly' required them to cover raleigh cnty and they will gladly do so and if i didnt like they were very sorry and i could just tune out..well that went over like a turd in a punchbowl but thats another story..just thought id throw that tidbit out there everyone since we had discussed it earlier..nothign is gonna change in the Blfd's till people speak out... WVVA is a joke in many ways and obviously they couldnt care less what the viewers think..its their way or the highway

WVVA has been a joke since I was in high school. They practically set up a camp outside of Mount View High School, so they could report every single negative thing that happened day to day. The biggest joke is when something positive took place they somehow always failed to report it. Everyone got so sick of them being at school with us that we refer to them as channel sick news lol.

If you watch Friday Football Extra out of Roanoke or news watch 4 in Beckey,both of them have much beter football coverge,Bluefield has failed to report even on local teams this year,I watch Beckey news to get swva scores and highlights,and watch Mike Stevens on Friday Football Extra and he will give scores across the region..I can remember one Tazewell game this year I had to get the score on Roanoke's station,wvva failed to report a Tazewell score when they were on the road one week..I agree with you guys WVVA sports covarge is a JOKE!!If it wasnt for this website I would be up $hit creek with out a paddle,If I had to depend on WVVA news or the Bluefield Daily Telegraph..

You guys have to admit though that the BDT's coverage has gotten somewhat better over the last couple of seasons...at least with giving write-ups/reports of games. As for WVVA, well, I think you guys have said it all!