Highlands basketball

bearcats

I think it was a disgrace to Virginia High basketball and atheletics in general that Brad McClanahan was left off of the Highlands District team. Word has it that coach Mitchell did not even nominate him on his ballot. The only one he nominated was Slagle. Correct me if I am wrong but was not the McClanahan kid the leading scorer on the team, most consistent and best all around player for VHS this season....when the "great" coach saw fit to play him. Damn, I believe Virginia High coaches could take the talent on Oak Hills team and turn them into a loser. No wonder the halls at VHS are filled with talented players who decide not to play because of all of the "political bs" that goes on at that school and no wonder students are transferring out of there like rats on a sinking ship. Someone better wake up....real fast. You go from a Freshman class of 220 students to 109 by the time that freshman class are Juniors something is wrong. WAKE UP ROSIE AND SMELL THE COFFEE BEFORE IT IS TO LATE.