Bluefield 62, Summers County 39

Bluefield_Rules

The game wasn't that close. Bluefield led 18-9 after the first quarter, started the second quarter on a 11-0 run, and never looked back. The starters didn't see very much action in the second half as the JV kids got plenty of playing time. The Beavers defense was outstanding tonight, one of the best performance of the season on that end. The intensity and focus was there as well. I don't have the stats, but I'll post the game story when the BDT gets one up.

A couple of near spectacular dunks from Dustin Wade. The first he tired throwing down on two SC players, but was fouled in the process and missed the dunk. The second was an alley-opp attempt from Cloyd Jeffries that he threw from about 25-feet out. Wade had plenty of air for the dunk, but the ball slipped out of his hands on the way down to the basket.

Bluefield and Logan next week in the quarterfinals at Charleston; what a match up of basketball powers that'll be. In closing I'd like to thank 100.9 FM in Bluefield for carrying all the basketball games again this year and especially the voice of the Beavers, Fred Persinger Jr. Fred is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, he did a great job for both football and basketball.