carroll to the piedmont solves nothing

mhsalum

it only helps the other members of the swd. it doesn't help carroll out much and it only transfers the problem the swd endures over to the piedmont teams. the only positive i see is the natural border rivalry carroll has with patrick county...BUT, they already play each other in every sport anyways as 'out-of-district' games. i realize that roadtrips for carroll county games for everyone in the swd aren't fun. however, for those geographically challenged among you...it would be an hour and a half to martinsville, bassett and magna vista. it would be all of 2 hours (maybe more) to tunstall. and for those of you who don't know just how far on the other side of danville and out in the woods (in ringgold, va.) that dan river high school is, it would be nearly a 3 hour drive. and as an added bonus, every trip to or from hillsville for piedmont teams involves going up or down the mountain. including patrick county!

as for myself i would just like to keep carroll county in the swd it is and will be good for graham and as far as the drive not to many teams travel as much as graham does now and then for a game as far as greenville tenn. for one and for other teams in tenn over the years. graham does not seem to mind the travel like other teams do.granted roads might be better for those games but i do not know if there are any more worse roads to have to travel than route 52 to play mount view highschool in welch wv. the road to martinsville is not a bad road compared to 52, i have driven that road many times and it is a good drive for sure but a good road.