Shady loses title 6-2

Shady got beat by a good Weir team 6-2 for the AA state title even though Shady out hit them 5 to 4 they commited several errors which led to several of Weir's runs but never the less the better team won, but good job tigers.

• 5 months later...

i realize that this is an old post, but since i am new on the board and i was at the game i thought i'd add my two cents...weir had a very good team this year led by all-state pither brandon coxen, who didn't throw against shady spring b/c he pitched the game before against bridgeport...weir was the best team in aa and had to beat sevaral good teams to get there...i believe the best team they played in the postseason was magnolia...weir had to rally late to beat them....look for weir to repeat in 2005 b/c they only lost one sophonmore, and even though it was coxen, they have a more than adequate pitching staff coming back with qautrocchi, phillips, marino, and hayden!!!