James Monroe summer practices

MavsRock

I got to watch them on Tuesday and Friday, and I can say that they got more accomplished than they appeared to have at this time last year. Coach thought they'd be lucky to get in the offensive stuff he wanted to. Not only did they do that, but they got in 2 days of defense as well. I noticed major improvements in exicution over the week, especially with the younger players. I'm looking forward to seeing them scrimmage Giles in August.

By the way, Willie, enjoyed getting to talk to you and your son Tuesday. Thanks for the info on a certain individual, I'll save that for a later date. smile.gif

Out of curiosity, what is JM doing for summer practice (any other fans of other schools, a reply is welcome)?

What time did they start? How long did they practice?

What are they doing for conditioning? How long is spent?

What kind of drilling and football practice related things are being done? How much time was spent?

I'm curious to hear what other schools do.

-Dave

Mainly each practice lasted about a hour and a half to two hours. Basically alot of walk through stuff,alot of teaching especially for the freshmen. Most of which have never run the single wing before. JM has 2 middle schools that go into JM and only one runs the single wing. It's like the coach said the other night this is a great time to get all the talking out of the way so when august comes you can get down to business. I also would like to say it was great to finally meet MAVSROCK the other night, really enjoyed talking to you. Hope to see you at the games this year.

summer practices are a very good idea because it saves time in august, and it brings the players closer together before they start practice in august. it also helps the young guys out on learning how things work in high school and will know the offense better when august arrives (just as kevin said). but west virginia is far behind other states when it comes to sports, especially football. in florida, they allow teams to practice the entire month of may after school. and other states do the same thing. and there is not as many restrictions on what the coaches can do and cant do with the players in the offseason.

shady concluded their practices on the 25th. they practiced for 4 hours a day 5 days a week for 2 weeks.