Can anyone from Richlands answer this?

hhstigerfan

That's also because they were killing them. Lebanon lost 13 seniors( i am pretty sure) and the best of them coming up from jv are conley yates and zach jesse. they seem pretty good but they have no true center and depth at middle linebacker( like someone said) and fullback

I have to disagree with you a bit Zach, Conley Yates and Zack Jessee will be good but the center Lebanon had last year played there most of the year due to an injury to the starting center, Ryan Cox is a very good center also, at middle linebacker they'll have Ryan Carlock and Ryan Cox as backups both are good. Ben Farmer, possibly Conley Yates or Dotson at backup fullbacks. They ran a play last year with Pepper Yates in the backfield that would work really well if they practice it early in the season, they waited til the end of the season to use it but it still worked well, he'd be a horse to bring down in short yardage or can make a huge hole for Thayer White. I believe Lebanon will have more depth and a better team than you think, graduation did'nt hurt them nearly as much as you think..........next year will be a different story. The Smith boys will play in the mix plus the best recieving corp I can ever remember at Lebanon and a Quarterback that can get it to them or run like a tailback if need be. This will be an interesting year for the Pioneers, I hope they play up to the expectations.

[ QUOTE ]

we might have a double threat at tailback this year mance put Caleb Jennnings in to play last year at lebanon and the kdid did pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very impressed with him. He's not very big but he runs like he is. He had some PT in the Marion game last year as well.

• 2 weeks later...

hhstigerfan you are a lil off, I played on last years 9-1 team, we lost 14 seniors,

Tyler Ball: QB, Punter, and Safety, Great Player, Started those 3 positions for the last 3 years and was a starting WR the state runner up year.

DJ Hall: FB and Middle Linebacker, everyone has heard of him that follows honaker football, he broke the school record in tackles.

Elbert Justice: Backup O and D lineman

Bobby Lester: starting OLB

Ryan Miller: Starting DT, he was a beast, right around 300 lbs, he was one of the best around.

Jeremy Miller: Starting Left Guard and inside linebacker, he played those roles for the last 3 years.

David Mullins: Starting TE

Jon Plaster: Starting Right Tackle, starter on the O-line for the last 3 years.

Floyd Robinette: Starting WR, 3 year starter

Kevin Rose: Starting Tailback and OLB, 3 year starter

Scott Schneider: Starting Left Tackle, 2 year starter

Dustin Shortt: Starting Right Guard, 3 year starter

Adam Taylor: Starting Swing Back and CB

Shawn Wilson: 2nd option at TE, starting Defensive End, and kicker. 2 year starter

So as you can see there was really only one senior out of the 14 that didnt play a significant ammount. I despise our soft schedule, If not for it i honestly believe we could have given gate city a run for their money last year. But even with that schedule i cant see how Honaker is rated in the fan poll. The upcoming team isnt going to be very good. Tyler Patrick, Ross Sutherland, Andrew Bostic, Zack Dye, and Danny Mickles are the only ones on the team with a great deal of playing time under their belt. There are a few other players that might step up like Dwayne Musick, but the lack of experience is going to be a killer.

Haysi Lebanon and Tazwell are gonna be HARD to win so the best i see this team going is 7-3, and it really wouldnt surprise me if they dropped another one or two somewhere along the line.

As for Richlands goes i think the blowout we gave them last year could very well be reversed this year.