Richlands Football Players and College

bluesfans

..[ QUOTE ]

If you are good enough no one has to call or put film out . The colleges will find you. How many times was Frank Beamer at RHS Or Phill Fulmer. When Compton was a Sr. Pat Dye Johnny Majors were all in Rlands trying to get Mike to Sign.Case closed

[/ QUOTE ]that may be true but not completely accurate salt pork. true, they must have the ability to compete, but they also need someone to ring the bell. as sucessful as mike was someone still had to drop a tip. if that doesnt happen they dont get the oppurtunity, no matter how good they are. i doubt the recruiters take many tips from the local news press. coaches and teachers can be instramental in the recruiting process by bringing the attention that some kids may not necessarly get otherwise. just my opinion it may not be worth much

Hay Mudslinger I could sit and make highlite films all day of players and call all of the D1 colleges in the country about players who are 5ft 6in and can run fast and have a big heart, but they will still be 5ft 6in and run fast and they will stay at home because no D1 school in the country is going to give a full ride . Go to E&H young man . What is wrong with winning a national championship at the d 3 level.at least your a part of a team and not a slab of meat on the scout team.

i dont think anyone would want me salty, most scouts wont even look at old has beens that never where (not even E&H).my point wasnt that everyone should go d1 it was that there are many players that could play somewhere if only there was someone to make the calls and films.frankly i'm more concerned that they use the sports to further their education than whether or not they become an all americian. if its uva or uva wise ,i dont care .if they can recieve financial assistance to do so and it enables them to have the education they need to become a productive member of society -- thats what i'm talkin about. btw. if you win a natl championship at any level then i'm proud of you!!! especially if your from good old southwest by god virginia!!! laugh.gif

I agree that there are plenty of players that could get a scholarship to play D2 and some maybe 1AA but it is all about speed. They will take a mediocre football player who is fast over a good player with mediocre speed any day. To go 1A you have to have size and speed or a ridiculous amount of one of the two.