Twin Valley Scrimmage vs Jenkins Ky

bucfan64

Twin Valley scrimmaged Jenkins Ky this past Friday. The teams exchanged 10 play series three times and then played one half of football with the clock. The Panthers outscored the Cavaliers 32-12. The TV team is much improved from last year, the weight room being the biggest contributor to that probably. The off-season workouts helped lift morale. The running game was sluggish but showed some promise. The passing game was executed well and the defense created several turnovers. The defense picked 5 passes and returned 2 for touchdowns as well as a fumble return for a touchdown. The TV offense had 2 TD's called back due to penalties. Overall it was a good motivational boost for a good group of kids. Jenkins is a small Single A school which has struggled in the past few years with football. They had nearly 40 players and could be compared to several of the small sinle A schools in SWVA, ie (Ervinton, Rye Cove, Hurley, TV etc.)

TV will host a benefit game this Friday vs Fort Chiswell. This should be stiffer competition and give the coaches a better measuring stick as to the progress of this years team.

later........

Congrats on your scrimmage. I may come to see TV play Friday (since you said they host). Hurley's scrimmage with Thomas Walker has been moved to Saturday @ 6, so I will do my best to make it.

Hehe, I wish we had 40 kids like Jenkins.

-Josh